This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map Updates failing on Edge 1000 - common?

How common is it for updates to fail?

I had issues with a base firmware update taking (15.2, never updated the unit prior to that, was at v11 or so when I jumped to 15.2). Today I ran the 15.3 update and it took no problem. Then I got a prompt on Express for a map update again. So I tried to do the map update. The install process locked up at 1.2% so I killed it off the rest of the way and rebooted the computer. I am trying it again. So far it seems like it is going - 3.5% now and still running.

Is there any risk of problems if updates fail then they are tried again? Even though my 15.2 had apparent loading issues the unit didn't give me any operational trouble.

• Have you checked whether your unit has sufficient space for the map? I live in the UK, for which Garmin serves up the Europe map, and there's no way that's going on without an SD card. Unfortunately, ISTR that Garmin aren't great at making this clear during the (attempted) install process.