This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1000 Boot Loop

Hi everyone,

After my last ride, my edge 1000 continually reboot. The device show the loading information but it always rebbot before finished the boot.

Hard reboot doesn't work.

Some times I have a screen with "Power off" / "Sleep" option but it seems that doesn't work. When I choose power off the device always restart (same with sleep option).

I try to put of the sdcard but I have the same result.

Any idea about this problem ?

Thanks !

Nico

• ok I found the problem.

In my case, after dismounted the device, i saw some oxidation on motherboard.

I clean / remove it and now the device works again.

Now I must find how to better seal the case....

• After my last race, after three hours under very consistent rain, my Edge 1000 started to reboot repeatedly. After reading your answer I became sufficiently confident (and curious) to open up my device. And there it is: a big crust of rust over on/off switch contacts. I erased it, cleaned it and applied lube all over, and my hope was it's going to work. But don't! It still rebooting (at least it's not dead). But until this point, it can be a solution on other cases. Disassembling the device is not difficult. Just need the correct tools and a lot of attention.

Since I've found a lot of condensation inside the case and on the main board, I'll open it again, now in smaller pieces, and dry and clean everything to the last bit. It's a work in progress, and I'll report as soon as I got the problem solved.

Thanks for the initial info, and for the encouragement !!! ;-)

• Saw the comments about oxidation. My reboot cycle started after getting caught in a downpour. When I removed the silicone cover I use, I saw the power button cover was split, which would let in moisture. When I opened the case, there was oxidation across all 3 solder points of the Power switch. I thoroughly cleaned the oxidation off and it magically works. Brilliant work and thanks to the folks on this thread for the help. Now I'll buy a replacement for the power switch cover. By the way, I thought this was a battery problem at first. I bought a replacement battery and put that in. My Edge 1000 is more than 5 years old, so time for a battery replacement in any case.