This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Eliminate spam missed call notifications on watch?

I added a spam filter through my carrier, which is proving effective for my iPhone. No spam calls are ringing, etc. and I do not see any notifications about these calls on my iPhone.

However, I still get a missed call notifications for spam calls on my watch.

I'm getting a bunch of these every day so wondering if there are any suggestions on how to eliminate these?

I'd still like my MARQ to vibrate when a call comes in. Just want to eliminate the spam missed call notifications. And would be happy to have all missed call notifications eliminated if that's what's necessary.

Thanks.

• Your wireless carrier must be using some magic to filter those calls off your phone. iOS is still pushing those spam calls to your watch. Apple only gives the control of what pushes to your watch through your Settings > Notifications > Phone menu. The "Show Previews" field dictates what will ultimately push to your watch.

If your blocked spam call magic is coming through a 3rd party APP your wireless carrier gave, you may be able to adjust it in the same Notifications menu.

How Do I Set Up Which Notifications Display on My Garmin Device?

• Thanks for replying.

In Settings > Notifications > Phone menu I already have notifications turned off for my phone.

So should I not he getting the spam notifications on my Garmin watch?

• If your Settings > Notifications > Phone > Show Previews shows set to "Never", then that means iOS should not send any calls received to your iPhone to your watch regardless of what type of call it is.

The Spam Filter through your wireless carrier is likely the key. Also, if there was any specific timing to when it began it might give a hint to why it began.

• I do not see "Show Previews" as an option, likely because I have "Allow Notifications" toggled off.

So why am I getting spam call notifications on my MARQ?

• Your issue is longer specific with your MARQ watch and has always been about what iOS determines what to send based on your Settings > Notifications setup for each APP on your iPhone. Your MARQ is passive other than the basic settings in your Settings > Phone menu on your watch which are all or none settings. iOS remains the boss of your watch and what smart notifications it will receive.

At this point, your only steps left is to delete your Connect Mobile APP off your phone, fully reset your watch, then pair them back up again to test further. Your issue still points to the unknown information on your spam filter. You will notice there are not forum threads about your issue since it is not something experienced. I still believe learning more on your Spam filter is the most critical information you should look into further to learn how it works and what controls it.

If you continue to have the same issue after deleting and resetting, please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.

• I’d be more open to trying the delete and reset if there was an easy way to backup and restore the data / configurations of my MARQ like someone can with an Apple Watch, etc. Is that possible?