This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How long does it take for your Marq (adventurer) receiving gps signal? And does it lose signal after a while or is it steady with yours?

It does not recieve gps signal at all, or takes 4/5 minutes or more to recieve it!

In Gps + Galileo mode, but also with Glonas!

more than ones i reset my Marq to factory settings again

And also connected it to pc And Garmin connect 

what can i do to fix this And enjoy my Marq as it should be?

• I usually get full GPS reception within half a minute. Often faster. But occasionally longer. Especially if I am in dense settings, like high buildings or tree coverage. Usually some extra time is required if I have been travelling and have had GPS on elsewhere. I.e. my position have changed much.

Make sure that you are standing still. I do not know how much experience you have from Garmin and other GPS watches, but if you start your session immedeately after pressing start it will be much more difficult to get a GPS lock whilst you are moving. In that case 4 or 5 minutes is not unexpected. Just press start to select your activity (but do not start the actual activity) and wait for GPS lock whilst standing still (outdoors, with reasonably clear view). Then you can start the activity.

Also, make sure that your satellite (EPO) data is updated. Check one of the last pages in the systems/about menu on your watch. The EPO file is updated ca once pr week (if I remember correctly) via a sync w. Garmin Connect Mobile or via PC sync.

If this do not help, and you already knew - or have tried - this, you may want to contact Garmin support.

Good luck!

• Thanks for your reply.

i’m affraid, i did all these things and still its the same.

only when i am om the beach or sortlike open spaces it works pretty good.

but i find it not normal, i expect it to works faster and better.

in my car or any other navigation has reception in seconds wherever i am.

Thanks anyway.

• Is it connected to phone. It syncs satellites data from phone to accelerate first fix. If it's not connected non present or old EPO data may be slowind down its first acquisition speed. So syncing it before your run should help.