This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ frozen on start up screen

I have attempted all advertised hard reset options I have been able to find but watch remains frozen on screen below. Occaisionally the screen will flash.

Please help!!

• I am sorry there is an issue. Please try the secondary unprompted reset seen in this Support Center article. Try it 3-4 times.

- Factory Master Reset: How to Reset My Garmin Outdoor Watch

If your issue continues, please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.

• have the same issue been a nightmare 2 hours of rebooting and that same screen comes on - tried to go through Marque Manuel on line  - no pictures no clear advice or video to explain how to rectify 

• Have the same problem - so frustrating the support centre is terrible  - no video or direction on which button to press - Power button did not work - Light button did not power off - then eventually it powered off then when it rebooted the same issue - wasted half my morning going through Marque Garmin Manual trying to Diagnose the issue - had 10years with Garmin but this is so frustrating for an expensive watch

• Unfortunately the only solution was a full replacement. Frustratingly, one is only entitled to a repaired device and so wait times can be considerable. The most concerning factor is that they don't hold a considerable guarantee - 3 months from memory.

However, customer service was eventually very good (when I convinced them that the watch really had suddenly died). Good luck!

• Thanks am pleased to say I go there  

- understand it is IT and most companies are the same or more likely I am the major problem here with my skill set   ......  very Very frustrating process to rectify

- have had different Garmin watches for ten years and have loved them - support when you get someone on the phone agree was excellent 

-  feels like Garmin have dropped the ball 5 years ago on this product - it all feels just a bit clunky   - but the Online services ... good lordly

I would cut my left arm off before I tried to use the three different  Garmin web sites to find the required info again - Marq / Express and Shop  -so many different web pages like a labyrinth of useless information - chaotic. 

One issue what is software Marq Athlete compatible to in Garmin Express  ? Fenix, a forerunner, marine, vivo  which product to up load software?  was not listed and did not come up when i tried Other either - was like shooting ducks in side show alley with a bent barrel 

- and it would not upload automatically - apparently the new software maybe to not compatible so would not synch  ( i just bought a $2k+  watch a couple a years ago  - basically took me all day to resolve - I even went back to the shop I bought it at ... they were  very helpful  - Prognosis -  The MARQ Athlete is clunky technology feels like it is 20 years old - did not have 5G no touch screen ( seems crazy but you really only work all that after you buy something  - I probably just expected for than money I would achieve that )  - I still have not been able to get spotify to work since I bought it  - was sent a thesis to read and to install again today ... why would it not just be set up ready to go?

- it looks good but you dont get a premium service or product - possibly worse - go figure  - suggest the Fenix Solar

Sorry to torture forum with my pain - but always in best in the interest to achieve a better product 

• Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your MARQ Athlete watch. We appreciate it.

The new v25.00 Q1 2023 software is not at 100% release yet but you will receive is soon.

• Hi Chris,

I have similar problem with my Marq 2 Athlete, and have tried above plus any other option I have found. Problem remains unsolved and with no impact.

Do I understand you correct that Garmin has sold the Marq 2 with a software which is not 100%?? And what is the solution?

Please advise.

• what is the solution?

I am sorry you have an issue. What you are experiencing with your watch is incredibly rare across all of our Outdoor and Fitness watches. For a watch to become frozen and unable to get to the main time, there is a failure of one type of another.

Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region to discuss exchanging your watch under warranty.