This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ COMMANDER

Hi guys, I received my commander with discount (1300$ total) next day my wife gave me an EPIX 2 (birthday gift). I really like MARQ built quality and materials, but the screen resolution, and it’s based on FENIX 5… so it’s almost 3 years from release date… also MARQ look better on my wrist. Should I stay with MARQ or go with EPIX? Also maybe somebody know if Garmin planing new MARQs in this year with AMOLED. 

thanks, stay safe

• and it’s based on FENIX 6

• Oh. Sorry, you’re right.

• I think it depends on your use case and what you feel more comfortable with - and your wrist size. You're lucky to have both in your hand to compare! There's a good argument to be made for each display type, which is presumably why Garmin have stuck with the Fenix 7. If you spend a lot of time outside, the trans-reflective screen is still better IMO a lot of the time although the AMOLED are certainly making progress and some apps like the maps look much better.

I'd be surprised if Garmin weren't planning Marqs with AMOLED but I'm not sure if I would buy one as it would almost certainly have a shorter battery life than the Epix 2, unless they made it bigger.  I used to have a F645 that officially lasted for 10 days but usually I found myself charging it twice a week.  I'm happier having the confidence of charging the Marq once a week in real life even with heavy use so I can stay away without always needing a cable. 

• decided to keep both :)