This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will there be a MARQ VERSION 2 now Epix and Fenix 7 have launched?

I was looking at my Marq Athlete this morning and still love the design.  I was thinking how good would it be if the Epix tech was inside it!  Just seeing what other people think?

• I think you are right to point out sales data, although I wonder about the size of the market now (compared to when they were first released) when you consider Tag, Bugatti and others are releasing premium watches. It could be that the market is attractive enough for Garmin to release a premium Marq brand. The mark up on these watches would be way beyond anything else they produce. I would hope Garmin read these forums and use market research to determine how their customer base would react to a new premium release.

• I do remember when I was racing a CCC race, Garmin was equipped for every possible watch to recharge on the aid station but not for MARQ. 

• I’d want a dedicated aid station for MARQ owners

• I hope Garmin are reading this!

• Given Garmin has been releasing all its other watches with the upgraded hardware post F7/E2, I would think the Marq 2 will release in the fall

• That would be great if they do.  I think there is certainly a market for them if they wish to proceed. 

• I am ready for Marq II. It's the only Garmin that looks like a classic watch in my view, and has almost all needed functions in version 1. I would like Marq II to have Solar for better battery. I even want it bigger to get more battery. Touch screen would be nice, and LTE is also nice to have. I will not buy Marq I now, in case the Marq II arrives soon. If Marq II doesn't arrive at IFA 2022 in September, I'll by another watch soon. Not sure which yet.

• Yeah, really hoping for a MARQ v2 announcement tomorrow - traditionally their announcements have been the day before IFA opens to the public.

I've got a horrible feeling they're going to follow the trend of making it bigger though. I know this is what some people want, but, for me, the original size and case design is perfect.

• I agree. And wouldn’t mind a Marq IIs either at some 42 mm for best daily wearability.

I have been wearing my Expedition for three years now, and a bit smaller in size would make it even more wearable. 

But as you said, battery capacity and screen size (and type of screen) seems to be what is driving development of new models.

Let’s see what (and when) comes.