This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dust inside MARQ Aviator ?

Hello,

Just bought an Aviator 2 weeks ago and wear it only a few days.

Today i just noticed one little piece of dust inside the glass. Is this dust ? Or is this an internal component ?

This is only visible with some angle with high external luminosity or blacklight on.

Of course its a little bit annoying, but don't know what to do, if this is worth a refund or replacement or something...

Thank you

• Hi!  It's very hard to see in your photos.. try this,, find some direct sunlight and move the watch face around until the dust practical is very visible and take a new photo.  :-)  I know it can be hard to show small things like this..  direct sun will help.

• Here, 2 more photos with better ligh, try to zoom in

• Contact Garmin Support 

• With the watch being 2-weeks old, this will drive you nuts as time goes on.  So, simply return it (get Garmin to give you a pre-paid RMA) and re-buy it :-)    FWIW, it took me buying three watches to finally get one with no issues, lol.

First one had almost no audible tones / vib was so weak you could not feel it.

Second one had connection issues with all my external HR straps (took it 4-min to connect to anything).

Third one (current) so far seems okay, tho the battery did a nose dive the other day so I need to keep an eye on that.  

This is an amazing watch, and I truly love it..  but, its a complex one.. so, be sure to test everything when you get a new one.. 

• Hey, thanks for your reply.

Do i need to contact them for this kind of arrangement ? ? or do i need to follow the return policy ?

So, if I understand well, I simply have to return the watch (do i need to pay for this ?) while they send me another one without paying for it ?

• Just goto Garmin.com and go the live chat.  Explain the issue and link to this post.  You dont even need a reason to return a Garmin watch within the first 30-days.  But, in this case it is defective so they will cover shipping back.  They will give you a pre-paid UPS label and you will send it back.  At the same time, you can just go ahead and buy another new one :-)  This is what I did (3 times in fact).

• Will do that; thanks !