This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Taking over 4min to connect to external HR strap now?

Just got my new Aviator.  Love it.

I use the Polar H10, and have been using this for a while on my F6, and another aviator that I was trying for a few weeks.  No issues, rock solid for my daily workouts.  Then, all of the sudden I get my new Aviator and I have some strange connection issues.  I dont know if this has anything to do with 19.20 update (my other watches were on 19.10 and below, I think it was 16.80 or whatever the last one was).  Or.. do I have now a defective Marq?  

Here is the deal..

Frist, I already understand new battery, wetting the chest strap etc.  LOL, I am not new at this. :-)

Anyway,  the strap at first paired fine and I have been using it for several days (almost a week straight) before issue.  Then, the other day I put it on, and the watch just did not "see it".  As if it was not working at all.  I tried removing it from the sensor list and "searching again" and it did not find it.  SO.. I figured it was an issue with the strap.  Battery dead, or defective strap.

But, that is not the case.. my Edge 530 picked it up instantly.  I also checked the battery with a volt meter and its 2.9v.  (brand new).  

Here is where it gets interesting.. the SECOND the Edge 530 picked up on the strap as a new sensor, it then appeared on the watch!  It was as if the Edge "woke it up" or something, where the watch was not able to do this?

I turned off the Edge, took off the strap.  Waited, 15min or so.  Put the strap back on, and once again the watch did not see it.    I then, restarted the watch and now it works.  HOWEVER, then I took the strap off, came and typed all this, and just now went, put the strap back on and once again, the watch does not see it.  So..... I restart the watch, and bam.  NOW it works.

So... now, it seems I need to restart the watch every time I want to use this strap.  This does not seem right.  

This "feels" like some type of bug in the software side?  I dont know.  But wanted to get some thoughts.  I REALLY dont want to go through the hassle of exchanging this watch etc.. and risk getting one with some other issue, lol.  My gut feeling is that its something with the latest update, but I am not sure.

EDIT / UPDATE - I just paired my Garmin chest strap and have the same issues.  So, that rules out the H10.  However, I have noticed this..  if I put on the strap and then WAIT for a few min, (apx. 3 - 5min) it will then "appear" and work fine.  So, I guess perhaps the issue here is that its taking a SUPER long time to connect now (unless I restart the watch, and then it connects instantly like before, for one time.  Then any future connects take a long time).    Just now, I tried it.. and it did connect instantly.  So, I dont understand..  sometimes it connects instantly, and other times it takes FOREVER (3 - 5min) and then will connect.  

Is this the result of something in the 19.20 update?  or do I have a defective watch?

• If the issue began only immediately after the v19.20 update, it would be difficult to say your MARQ has suddenly developed the issue described. Especially since you have replicated it across 2 brands of HRM straps.

Please try the following:

- Hard Reset: hold down your top left button until your MARQ shuts off.

Please test again to see if the long connection time takes place. If it does, please highlight my name and send me a private message. Thank you!

• Thanks so much Chris!  Unfortunately, the Marq I have came last week, and upon opening the box and its first charge, it was updated to 19.20.  I had another one, that was returned for a totally different reason and that one was running 19.10.  So, I dont know if my watch would have worked okay on the previous version or not :-(    I just a hard reset, and it's still taking almost 4-min exactly to the second for it to connect to the strap.  Very strange.  Once it does, its all good.  no issues.  So, it does "work", its just taking a very long time to connect and this is why I feel it maybe a FW issue vs a hardware problem with the watch?

• I am hoping any other MARQ owners will jump in on either of your threads to let us know if they are seeing the same thing.

To clarify:

- Each time you power on your MARQ, the first activity started, both HRM straps take about 4 minutes to connect.

- After that first activity, the connection time is normal when starting an activity and the HRM connecting.

- You can then repeat the exact same behavior by powering your MARQ off then back on again.

Correct?

• Thanks Chris.  So, on a fresh reboot (as long as I am actually wearing the strap).. I can connect to either strap like normal, with a normal few seconds to "connect" and then I press start.   However, subsequent attempts to connect, at any point will then result in a long 4-min delay.  I have timed it and its almost exactly 4-min, before it connects.  Once connected, its good to go.

IF I am NOT wearing the strap, when the reboot happens.. then it's still 4-min wait till it connects.  So, that part is interesting.  You MUST be wearing the strap while the reboot happens to get it to connect as normal.

Also, trying to manually connect on the sensor list will not work until 4-min.  If I delete and try to re-add it will not find anything, unless I re-start or wait around wearing the strap for a bit etc.

Edge 530 (as a comparison) has no issues with either strap.  My last Marq had no issues with either strap (tho was running 19.10).

• Just an update... woke up this am, and tried the strap.  It connected instantly.  Then, backed out of the activity and took off the strap, waited maybe 5min and put it back on, and now it takes 4-min to reconnect.

• I just wanted to close this, by saying that just before I shipped this back I did a FULL factory, reset..  (deleting everything) and this seemed to have fixed the watch in question.   So, for anyone reading this.. it was likely just a "glitch".