This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery replacement on a Marq

So, I wanted to start this thread.. largely because I am interested if anyone has seen any images or videos of a Marq being opened up?  I know I have seen this for the Fenix watches.. but wanted to know if the battery replacement is a little easier on the Marq.

I know it's not "user replaceable" I am just thinking of down the line, out of warrantee etc.  If the watch still functions and does what I need it too.. then, this maybe something to think about.

DC Rainmaker, on his blog mentions that on the Marq series specifically that jewelry stores (that sell them) are able to do battery replacements apparently.  Which, even he mentioned as being interesting.  So, this got me thinking about this and wanted to try and find some more info on it.  :-)

It does appear that Garmin will support the watch for 5yrs from date of sale.  So, that is nice.. and I am sure I can send it to them and pay for a replacement.  Still, wanted to see if its going to be possible to go even beyond that (if I wanted).

• When I bought my MARQ it was said that 'special' dealers will be able to change the battery.

Just for interest I did ask my dealer some weeks ago if he would be able to do this ib case it will be necessary. The answer was no - that must be done by Garmin. As far as I know Garmin (Germany) does not repair personally items. You will get a renewed one after sending yours ...

• Garmin watches are much easier to replace batteries as the case is mounted via screws instead of glue like other brands. So just try the warranty when they're still under warranty, later that you'll need to take its screws and bezel off, look at the battery, find a new one, buy and replace. Hope it's easy to find and buy a new one.

• MARQ watches don't have screws in the bezel, the normal Fenix are build that way. But I was told that the bezel is fixed to the glass by glue as well ... however in case you would really be able to reach the battery (find those rechargeable on might be interesting as well) you minimum loose waterproofnes ... but be the first one and let us no the results ...

• MARQ series don't have screws in the bezel. But they have screws in the backside of the watch. I think with some patience and caution it'd be possible to reach the battery from the backside. I think the main entry to them is the backplate. Playing with glue is bad.

Water proofness shouldn't be an issue unless you dive really deep. There are gaskets between the watch body and bezel and the backplate. It should work normally unless you damage the gasket during disassembly. I haven't had water problems with my disassembled and reassembled F3, F5X and F6XPro. Also it'll be better to cast some vaseline or cream out around the bezel to help keep the water out.

But as these are some premium and expensive watches, first call should be to Garmin in need of battery replacement. Finding the battery yourself may be hard or impossible, or the batteries may not be genuine and die quickly...

• Has anyone been able to get a battery replaced successfully on a Marq?