MARQ Golfer feature request to make the Virtual Caddie better (Golfer Feature Requests <Q#:1006206>)

I wrote an email to GARMIN support for a feature request to be added for the MARQ Golfer and S62 regarding the A.I. club selection.
Garmin replied with interest and replied back as follow: ".... The more customers that make the same request you do, the much higher likelihood the feature will get added. Your original request last made Fall that was also included in your email, it was decided to not implement the feature since we did not have other customers make the same request over a 6-month process...." ==> [They refer to my request to see on the watch, not in golf app on my phone, but easy direct seeing my last score hole by hole and not only number of puts. On the watch i can not even see my scores hole by hole on it!!! Really strange it is not available on a Garmin golf watch but need my phone to see this.] 
I wrote them about the fact that the average distance and maximum distance data of the clubs in use can not be edited by the user at the moment to better reflect the typical distance your clubs make.
This leads to errors in the virtual caddie club selection it presents you.
I think to make this data fields editable is more complex to implement since it needs a reasonable re-write of the code behind it.
Because the data still changes after new input is gathered for the clubs and then your edited data in those two fields will be replaced again with the newly calculated averages and maximum distances it finds again.
I think it can be easier and more versatile for the user also by having a extra "Typical Distance" column in the gear section and have a user edit these static distances in this column and choose to use the "average distance" -OR- the "Typical distances" for the Virtual Caddie club selection.
This way the Virtual Caddie presents me my club with the distance i know i typically hit.
Then i can make my adjustment for the uphill, downhill, rough , sand shot, half swing to play.
Also implement the following: Have the avg. distance calculations exclude the last 10 MIN- , MAX-outliers of the measured distances from the data set it gathered. 
If you would like to have this option added i ask you to reply to this post with +1 or or similar in context.
Better yet please send support a email with "I want Golfer Feature Requests <Q#:1006206> to be implemented a.s.a.p."
Below is the full email i have sent to Garmin Support:
"The problem with using the Average distance for club selection is the fact that it is not your "typical distance". 
This is because the measured GPS distance is not always correct (margin error of GPS signal at time of the distance measurement). 
When a player tops, shanks ,fats the shot or uses half swing it also introduces errors into the avg. calculations.
When players hit it uphill or downhill the ball distance for the selected club will be totally different and also introduces errors into the avg. calculations.
To solve this and make it more versatile and exclusive for the Garmin MARQ/S62 Golfer user and improving it overall i suggest the following:
- Have the avg. distance calculations exclude the last 10 MIN- , MAX-outliers of the measured distances from the data set it gathered. 
 AND
On the  Golfer watch have the option for Virtual Caddie to use Average Distance or the Typical Distance for the club A.I. advice selection process.
To do this have an extra option in the Virtual Caddie setting:
On watch: Settings..Activities & Apps..Golf..Golf Settings..Virtual Caddie. 
On "Virtual Caddie" settings add this option: "Club Distance"..[Average] -or- [Typical]
Add this "Typical Distance" Column in GEAR Golf Clubs and let the user edit the input data.
Below is a screen shot I made to support my explanation.

I hope my suggestions find merit to be implemented.
If you need further information or would like to know more about this suggestion do let me know.
Best regards, "
If you would like to have this option added i ask you to reply to this post with +1 or or similar in context.
Better yet please send support a email with "I want Golfer Feature Requests <Q#:1006206> to be implemented a.s.a.p."

Top Replies

All Replies