This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cpe file missing

I spent a fortune on this watch for ONE function and it doesn't work because the CPE file keeps disappearing.  I need hlep.  Anyone else dealing with this??

Top Replies

• my CPE has disappeared 3 times in the last month.  That is not acceptable on a $2k golf watch.

The CPE file is only valid for a few days !

This is normal because the CPE contains the current…

All Replies

• If everything is unsuccessful - even the hard resets - I would contact support.

• Thanks, yer i hard resetted twice and still saying missing, sent an email to Support, can't call them right now, so will see what they say, thanks. 

• Did you get any answer from the support? Can you share it with me if it helped ypu?
    Because I have exactly the same poblem with my Garmin fenix 6. CPE file missing but when I connect my watch to the laptopp it is there and is updated. Also tried all suggested action above but nothing help me.

• Hey Mark, yer they had to replace it in the end. The service center here just did what i did, like reset, factory reset etc. 1 thing i notice the speed of the watch after replaced is much faster...(for saving GPS activities etc). 

Mine had a error file when opening the watch on the laptop, in the error file its a txt file, you can just open it and mine said can not open CPE folder, that is what caused the issue, and can't be fixed...had to be replaced. 

• Thanks for answer!
    Yes, when I open it on the laptop I also have such error file  with the error message inside where it tells that folder can not be opened. So it looks like I have exactly the same case like you had. So will write to garmin support today.

• delete the entire "RemoteSW" folder on the watch.

Reboot watch.

Then sync again with Express.

• Already tried to do it. It doesn't help. I tried all advices I found on the forum but it doesn't work in my case

• Ok, then you should contact the support.