This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cpe file missing

I spent a fortune on this watch for ONE function and it doesn't work because the CPE file keeps disappearing.  I need hlep.  Anyone else dealing with this??

Top Replies

• my CPE has disappeared 3 times in the last month.  That is not acceptable on a $2k golf watch.

The CPE file is only valid for a few days !

This is normal because the CPE contains the current…

All Replies

• CPE files expire and you must update them by syncing periodically.  Right?

• even if that is the case, my CPE has disappeared 3 times in the last month.  That is not acceptable on a $2k golf watch.

• my CPE has disappeared 3 times in the last month.  That is not acceptable on a $2k golf watch.

The CPE file is only valid for a few days !

This is normal because the CPE contains the current position of the satellites. Since this is constantly changing, it is in the nature of things that the file becomes invalid.

To keep it up to date, you must synchronise the watch regularly with Connect Mobile or Express. If you use Connect Mobile, you should wait at least 3 minutes after synchronisation before closing the app or deactivating Bluetooth. It also takes a while after the actual synchronisation until the file has been successfully transferred to the watch.

If the file still shows "expired", it often helps to delete the entire "RemoteSW" folder on the watch. The CPE is located there. The folder is automatically recreated.

Then synchronise again to get an up-to-date CPE.

• The CPE file is only valid for a few days !

It might only have a finite life but I was not aware the file disappeared. The CPE data can also be refreshed by putting the watch outside for 15 mins or so with a GPS activity open - does not need to be started. 

• "It also takes a while after the actual synchronisation until the file has been successfully transferred to the watch" Do you know roughy how long? My CPE is saying missing, and my phone is connected to the watch 24 7, and its been 6 days, and i had connected to Garmin Express 10 times....

• My CPE is saying missing, and my phone is connected to the watch 24 7

If the Connect app is still running in the background and is not closed, the CPE should be constantly updating in the background and should not expire.

It also takes a while after the actual synchronisation until the file has been successfully transferred to the watch.

Have the watch sync with the Connect app. Then wait another 5 minutes until you either close the Connect app. 5 minutes should definitely be enough.

If this is still unsuccessful, try the previously suggested method and then repeat the sync.

If the file still shows "expired", it often helps to delete the entire "RemoteSW" folder on the watch. The CPE is located there. The folder is automatically recreated.

Then synchronise again to get an up-to-date CPE.

• Thanks, yer no luck, mine isnt saying expired, its missing, and its been missing for 6 days, which i have not turned bluetooth off, i can see the CPE file in the RemoteSW folder and its up to date, just the watch in the about is saying missing. I am doing the 3rd Hard reset, and see if it would fix it up....Thanks. 

• Try to leave the watch in a fixed place outside with a started activity profile for about 30 minutes. The CPE is also updated in this way directly via the signal from the satellites.

• Unfortunately also did that too, and went inside the service menu and exiting that, and connecting to Garmin express...nothing works.