This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Marq Golfer Smart Notifications

I had problems with a marq golfer not receiving notifications  and poor battery life got it exchanged at a month old now the new one is not receiving notifications and I can't see incoming calls have tried everything has anyone had similar problems with the marq golfer

• I would focus on your phone's settings rather than the watch per se after ensuring that they are properly paired.

• Have your started the Golf App on the phone? Start it manually. Then select the three hor. bars.in the left corner and choose [settings]. Select [smart notifications]. select [All applications] or the individuals apps you want to receive notifications from.

Also, allow the golf app on the phone to run in the background and have the app not to close down by your battery manager on the phone.

On the Garmin MARQ Golf watch go to [settings]. [system], select [phone] , select [status] set it to connect. it will try to connect to the phone and make connection with Golf app. If done you see "connected" below "Status".

Select [smart notifications] , set "status" also to connected. Select [during activity]. select "show all". select [not during activity]. select "show all".

Hope this helps you get it sorted out.

• I have an Android phone and ran into a similar problem recently with my notifications completely gone.  I had to wipe the cache to get it fix.

• There is a known issue with the Android Golf APP causing the smart notifications issue on the MARQ Golfer only, of the MARQ series. The next version of the Android Golf APP is being worked on to be released as quickly as possible. Once released, it will resolve the issue.

• Hi thanks, where did you get this info as even Garmin haven't admitted there is a problem with the golf app. its annoying,  £1700 for a watch that doesn't work properly, do you know when the update is due out

• Clue is in the Unser name - Garmin-Chris.

As an aside my new $125,000 BMW broke down yesterday. It's annoying paying that much for a car and having it breakdown.

• I have the same issue (my phome is a Samsung running latest android) connected to a Marq Golfer. 

I set all required settings as explain on the Garmin support site. It works like a charm as expected.

But then it stops working.

So after lots of investigations I found

1 - when does it happen

2 - how to work around !

1 - How does it happen

every time the appli (Golf  or Garmin connect app) is killed either from rebooting the phone or when the apps are updated

2 - How to work around

goto settings/applications. Select Garmin Connect app.  Remove all data (not only the cache).

Do the same for Golf App.

Then go back to both the applis and accept all permissions

Goto settings on both applis and set the smart notifications to all applis

And then it works after a few minutes.

It looks like that reading the cache data after a reboot/restart of the two applis is broken ...

Hope this help.

• Your solution  worked for me today.

I did your suggestions after loosing the notifications again.

s.w. version Garmin golf (android): 1.29.6

s.w. version Garmin connect (android): 4.42

o.s Android  11

watch: marq golfer

phone: samsung a50

Thank you for your great suggestions.

• Hello Chris,

the golf App was updated yesterday for me. Is the issue on notifications solve on this version ? 

Nicolas

• The v2.0 Golf APP was released. If using an Android phone, please go to Settings > Notifications and set it up and test your smart notifications. If you continue to have incoming smart notification issues, please highlight my name and send me a private message. Thank you.