This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ Series - 13.10 Firmware bugs

Coming from 13.00 RC to official 13.10.

Power management looks like to be screwed up.

- When in power saving at night and economic watch face is displayed, pluging in power for charging after a minute and half, the watch face is replaced by the high-power ones. It is needed to manually trigger the power mode after the charge to be completed, for the economic watch face to come back.

- Under activity and power mode, when screen is off, raise to wake doesn't wake screen for informations to display. It is needed to press a button for the information to be displayed.

• I think I had the problem of "raise to wake" earlier, but solved that by deleting or resetting the power mode, and then add a new identical one. Have you tried that?

• I am noticing huge battery drain with the update to 13.10.  Anyone else?

• Not such a problem here.

In this a case, my personal advice is to completely reset the watch from scratch, if deleting CIQ watchface or apps, doesn't solve the battery drain.

• Thanks for your advice.
    Have done it to check and raise to wake is back.

For the second bug, it seems that power saving mode is going back to off on itself when charging the watch under powersaving. Maybe a new feature ?

Have tried with 12.20 and no such a reaction here.

• I do not have anything extra loaded on this watch, so I don't intend to do a complete reset.  I see some complaints in the Fenix 6 forum about massive battery drain, so it seems that this is impacting other users, too.

• I see some complaints in the Fenix 6 forum about massive battery drain

To put this in perspective, there are always posts about excessive battery drain following every update in the F6 forum. Not saying that there aren't problems just that these posts happen after every update without fail, often within hours.

Doesn't appear to be a problem for the Marq in general as your post is the only one reporting excessive battery drain on this version of software that I can see.

Probably best to work with Garmin Support for a solution.

• Just to share. Few month earlier i have had a battery drain after an upgrade with MARQ Driver. Uninstalling every CIQ App didn't solves the problem. Following softreset, as it is often recommended, drain still persist.
    From my own experience, the only thing that had solves this misterious battery drain, is hardreset.

• On battery drain: So far so good for me. But I haven't been through a full charge cycle yet. I have noticed though, that the discharge curve is quite non-linear (as it is on my Fenix 5 also), where the battery consumption is two or even three times as high in some intervals compared to when it consumes little battery. As an example: In intervals from ca 90+ to 80+ and from 60 to 50, the battery consumption is below spec. But in intervals from 70 down to 60 it is some 50% above. And from some 49% down to some 34/33% it can be as high as 3 times. But in total it seems to stay within specifications across the entire range from fully charged to empty. I have tested that a few times, but not for version 13.10. 

As I write this I am at 37% and the discharge from 100% so far reflects my earlier observations. 

I have no CIQ apps or data fields installed and have never had. 

• ... Just after I wrote the above, I downloaded the updated language files via wi-fi, synchronized and restarted (soft reset), and since then the watch have dropped 6% in flight mode during some three hours... A first of this kind of rapid drop in battery percentage for me... remains to be seen if this is only a one-off or not. Would not want to do a factory reset...

• Same thing happened to me, went from about 80% to 0 in a couple of hours.  After a restart it seems ok now - strange!