This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I sync the weight from apple health ?

I set the read and write permition in the apple health with garmin connect app,but the app can not sync the weight data from apple health.

• If you're putting your weight into Garmin Connect first, Apple Health should be able to pull from it.

However, Garmin will not read weight from Apple Health. This is a ploy for Garmin to sell more of its smart scales.

• What a pity.If the smart scales of garmin can write data to apple health,garmin watch could read data from apple health.

• As  said, syncing seems to be one-way from Garmin Connect to Apple Health, but I've managed to get my weight measurements into Garmin Connect from my non-Garmin smart scale (cheap one, Renpho brand) via a circuitous but reliable path:

Renpho app => Apple Health => myFitnessPal => Garmin Connect

For whatever reason, Apple Health can't write to Garmin Connect, but the myFitnessPal app can read from Apple Health and write to Garmin Connect. I don't use myFitnessPal otherwise, just open it up occasionally to sync weight across to Garmin, and it's been reliable enough.

UPDATE: the MFP => Garmin syncing appears to be broken now (2022/6/18). :(

• I can confirm this works - nice work around. You do have to open the MyFitnessPal App for a sync to occur.

• Does this still work with you after the latest update of MFP? Since that update laste week I don’t seem to get any new synced data in my Garmin account Connect

• This does seem to be broken for me too. I don’t know whether the fault lies with MyFitnessPal or Garmin.

I’ll report back if I figure something out. Don’t hold your breath. :/

• I've requested that Renpho make their app Garmin compatible.

However, in the meantime I've managed (just about) to write a Tcl script that will read Renpho data if exported from the Android app as a CSV file, convert to a new & different CSV file that can then be converted to a FIT file using the java SDK that Connect does import OK (so far, only done it a few times).  Obviously Tcl & Java have to be installed for it to work, although I could use "freewrap" to make the Tcl script an executable.

I export the Renpho data to my Google Drive on my 'phone, then open it on my Win10 PC as a Google sheets, then download as an Excel CSV file called "renpho.csv", which my script uses to read.

It's not very elegant but so far it works (I've only used it a few times so far to load an evening & following mornings data).

It send the following info from Renpho to Connect:

date/time,weight,percent_fat,percent_hydration,muscle_mass,physique_rating (fixed at 6), visceral_fat_rating,bone_mass,metabolic_age.

Info must be saved in lbs, but I may try and add a front end GUI so user can select input CSV file (so any Renpho csv file can be selected, rather than the current fixed name), lbs/kgs (not stones & lbs), and user "physique-rating", but TBC. 

• That is because you have to sync the weight data from Apple Health first via Garmin Connect app, then apple health automatically sync the weight data with Strava app. As a consequence, if you want to connect other health apps with Strava, it is easier if you do it on Garmin Connect app first. you can also sync gold courses too, please refer to this article : https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/marq-series/311201/marq-captain-fmwhatsapp-chart-types-and-golf-courses.

The app doesn't sync because it no longer has any sort of read/write access to your weight data. You need to log in and set the read and write permission for the Apple Health app, first. After that, every time you decide to sync your weight data from Garmin Connect app.

• Apple Health => myFitnessPal => Garmin Connect

Now it works. (2023/01/19)

• Unfortunately it does not seem to be working anymore. I have updated weight in MFP and nothing in Garmin Connect unfortunately. I've even used the web version of Garmin Connect to sync but nothing. Seems like it's broken.