This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Charging while running

On October 2nd I will be attempting an FKT (Fastest Known Time) on the Grand Canyon trail. I will be running the R2R2R trail, but 4 times in a row so roughly 168 miles in total. That being said I am shooting for a 48 hour time frame. My MARQ Athlete won’t last that long so how or what is the best way to charge while in an activity for a prolonged time and maintain GPS?

Thanks!

• Use the lightest battery pack and charge it while on the run.

• I tried charging the watch on a run, but it didn’t work hence the purpose of this post. Curious if I did something wrong if it’s as simple as just connecting it to a small battery pack. The batter pack was charged and works fine. 

• I just double checked, started a strength activity and plugged in the charger and it works just fine.

• Hmmmm. Interesting. I will try again and or contact support. Thanks for checking! 

• I’ve found some chargers communicate with the watch and make it think it’s plugged in to a PC/Mac, so you get the screen that just has battery percentage on. Most chargers don’t do this though, so should work just fine as they are (watch continues to function and the battery symbol, if present, shows charging). If your charger is in the former category, all is not lost. I believe you can stop it going to the PC/Mac plugged in charging screen by going to Menu>System>USB Mode and switch from “FTP (Media Transfer)” to “Garmin”; you will need to remember to switch back when you want to connect your MARQ to a PC/Mac again.