This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Maps on the Marq and Quatix

Am I right in thinking there are no preloaded Marine Charts on either of these watches?

How about the other kinds of maps such as the Topo maps and city maps?

I'm really interested in the Quatix or Marq Captain as I'm a boater but I live in Japan. According to the instruction manual, there are no marine charts for the Japan region. Confirmed this by going to https://maps.garmin.com/en-US/marine/ and trying to find maps for the region. Does anyone know if the two-thousand dollar world map covers this area - if you have that map installed and could check the area for me that would be great.

• Hi,

I am having the Captian. There are no marine maps pre loaded, you need to buy them seperately. The normal marine maps of Garmin can be loaded once bought. I must say it works extremely well. I am hardly using my plotter anymore (which is installed inside the cabin) and have the latest info on my wrist.

It is a pity though that no discount/voucher is given, which you would expect with these watches, given the price. For Golf and Ski there are maps free available, so why not a voucher for a marine map (hint for Garmin...)

• Please could you check from me if you zoom into the Japan/Tokyo area, if there is good marine detail on your world map?

• I bought the West Europe marine map. The global standard map has no marine details.

• Ah OK man. Thanks for the info and all the help. I found Open Sea Maps which are free and have some marine info on them might be suitable for me for now.

• Garmin global marine map page says:

Provides coverage of the world's nautical data, including coasts, ports, canals and navigable lakes and rivers. Garmin is not able to provide nautical charts for Japan or Hong Kong due to data licensing limitations.

• @mecan - would you be able to post some pictures of this please - I assume it's the bluecharts? I've not seen any evidence of this actually working other than your post... I've been holding off upgrading to a Fenix 6x Pro until seeing confirmation as it's a big outlay considering the charts for our region are a further £179 and I've read they won't install.