This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Marq - 9.92 Beta Release

Hello MARQ customers,

UPDATE 6/4/20: We are currently investigating reports from beta testers regarding phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. We believe this was introduced in our 6.03 ANT/BLE software update. For those of you experiencing this issue, you can backdate to the previous ANT/BLE version 5.04 with the file in the attached folder. Unzip the file and place the GUP3253.GCD file in the Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device.

ANT-BLE Backdate 5.04.zip

The newest MARQ beta software is now available for your upcoming adventures! The beta below is not compatible with MARQ Aviator.

MARQ: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15220

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on the page linked above.

9.92 Change Log Notes:

• Added on-device sleep calculation (via added Sleep widget* (Menu > Widgets > Edit > +Add > Sleep). Requires Sensor Hub 7.04
  • Updated the UI for performance, Heart Rate, Training Status, Intensity minutes and Floors Climbed widgets.These are only minor visual changes
  • Fixed an issue with Powerbeats Pro audio control.
  • Fixed an issue where alarm labels were not being translated.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above.  On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.
  • When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Wi-Fi: 2.60
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT: 6.03

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the MARQ Collection you have in the subject line.

• Kudos Garmin for on-device sleep calculation, it is something many people were looking to get.

• I have updated on 9.92, checked that all the new sensors updated (the ones in red). After that, added Sleep widget which obviously shown No Data. This was in the morning. In the afternoon I took a 70 minutes nap, I was actually quite tired so I slept very deep. Unfortunately I still have No Sleep Data Recorded.

So in my case it does not work... :-(

• It remains to be seen if their actual calculation has been improved or not. Their current sleep detection is nothing short of a joke.

• Agreed Garmin has literally the worst sleep tracking of any wearable. Fix it or let FirstBeat take care of it for you Garmin 

• As far a a know it never recognized 'naps' ... mine does have sleep data after a complete night ... but in the normal (bad) quality.

Can't see any change on the calculations on the first view.

• I know it dod not, but I hoped that now it will...

• And you are so right ... it should do !

• By the way there might be a change in the calculations ... normally the figures change after a while. Regarding sleep quite soon after getting up was very often different than an hour later. That did not happen today. No change at all. So let's see some more days what is the fact ...
  • That’s because this is entirely calculated in the watch (like all firstbeat metrics), whereas previously the Garmin servers did the calculations after upload (which took a while and then the numbers changed).

personally I have a lot more faith in the firstbeat algorithms, that is their primary occupation whereas Garmin primarily sell hardware

• I’ve never seen problems with sleep tracking that others report, although I can’t speak for the different numbers for light, deep, or REM sleep. My sleep window is set between 21:30 and 05:30. I can go to bed and get up either side of that and my sleep is recorded fine. I can sit feet-up in my Lazy-Boy recliner watching TV for a couple of hours before bed and it has never been recorded as sleep.

This new feature appears to be working even better than before.

• Consider yourself lucky, then. This is a common scenario for my sleep tracking ->

I'm sat in front of my computer working at night in the basement. I walk 3 sets of stairs to get to the bathroom, brush my teeth and then go to bed at 23:40 here. I mean.. How hard is it to push 'sleep start' after all these registered awake times. My sleep window is set to 23:30 - 05:30.