This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Own both Adventurer and Commander... Here is what needs improvement.

I’m a Garmin fan... there is no other watch I’d want to be stuck in the wilderness with.  With that being said, the Marq series is seriously frustrating at times.  Simple things like syncing your watch to your iPhone will often fail.  Updates will take a loooooooong time (sometimes days/weeks) because the backend just isn’t up to snuff.  There needs to be a significant investment in technology before these watches could ever really excel.  Until then, I’ll wear them periodically as a niche asset for hiking but aside from that, they’ll sit on a shelf in my house.  

• I couldn't be happier with my 2 MARQs, super solid and works near perfect. I'd like the weather to update more than every 4 hours but if you think Garmin is bad you should check out wear OS lol. If anyone at Garmin is reading this here's what I would recommend.

The straps need to fit against the casing a bit better, a lot of wiggle room with both the rubber an Ti bracelets.

Rubber straps wear way too fast for a luxury product

More support for Garmin pay, no Amex c'mon

Allow software specialties be downloaded to other Marq series, even if it comes with extra software costs.

More reliable weather data, it's pretty horrible

• The Aviator bracelet fits with no gap and no movement against the case.  The Metar weather data is very accurate but the normal weather widget not so much.  A battery conservation issue perhaps.  

• My aviator bracelet has some play and can even be hear rattling at times. Works ok but needs improvement

• Aviator and Driver bands seem to be different than other models.  Even the case of the watch is milled out to securely match the shape of the bracelet.  The end of the band matches the curve of the case.  Are we talking about the same band?  I am only familiar with Aviator and the Fenix 6 Ti which is totally different.  Fenix 6 Ti band (mine) would rattle just a trifle if the vibration motor in the watch triggered. 

• The connection difficulties with iPhone are legendary across all none-Apple watch brands.  I have the Adventurer and after my testing, it's clear that the issue is with Apple's OS.  Everything worked fine on early iOS versions but iOS 13 really made things harder.  Android seems to work with a lot fewer bugs.  Updates are a whole lot faster if you do them on the computer via Garmin Express.  Hope this helps.

• I just picked up a Commander. Does your default watch face(the one it’s advertised with) turn to 24 hour time automatically in the afternoon? I have mine set to 12 hour time but it automatically displays 16, 21, 24 at the 6, 9 & 12 o’clock hour points in the afternoon