This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Marq - already outdated ?

Hi.. quick question: 

I really like the optics of a Marq Captain or Athlete  and thinking about a purchase. 
I am a bit worried though I am buying a technically already outdated watch (as FENIX 6 has
a better display etc.). 
What´s your view and : are  you guys expecting an updated Version (Marq 2) in the near future ?

Thank you very much in advance ! 

• It still has the display size of the Fenix 5! 
    I would never spend at least 1500€ for a watch with an inferior display compared to the Fenix 6.

• The Athlete Performance also has a DLC coating which should help with the complaints that people have had about the bezel on the Athlete scratching so easily.  The others eliminate the premium band (leather or titanium) which lowers the price.  The Athlete only ever had the silicone band so you are just paying extra for the HRM and DLC coating.

• The display resolution is the reason I didn't buy the Marq Athlete, also the DLC coating on the bezel that highlights scratches.

My excitement again disappeared instantly when I found out the new one is exactly as the first one, except for a red button and HR strap. They should have also removed the DLC, NOT add it all over the watch case.........GARMIN, are you listening ? DLC Scratches. Leave it natural, when DARK DLC Scratches it exposes the material underneath and after time it looks shocking and hard to read the bezel. Its a sports watch that gets used and as athletes we need to read the bezel NOT look at scratches.

Hopefully in V3 next year they decide to leave the Titanium Case alone (no DLC) and add a better screen.

• DLC coatings do help with very light bumps BUT when Dark DLC scratches, and it does, it creates contrast with the lighter colour of titanium or stainless steel and eventually the DLC bezel becomes hard to read.

DLC works fine for dress watches or NON Sport watches but not good for The MARQ Athlete. Its OK for the MARQ Driver range if it will only be used for general use.

• I have no issue whatsoever with the DLC coating on my Athlete (use it since 18 months). 

• When can we actually buy one though...?

• It says available 4th quarter, which should be any day now.

• How does the Marq Captain compare to the Quatix 6X Solar?

• I bought the Marq athlete at the beginning and the 6x Pro solar when it came out.

Two different tool watches indeed. For the materiel used and finishing mostly. But the screen (and not only the size and définition) is sooooooo much better on the 6X pro (contrast, crisp, readability, ...)

So I've just sold the Marq 2 days ago until Marq 2 will have the same screen technology...