This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

install MARQ firmware into a different MARQ model

Hello:

I love the look of the MARQ Aviator, but would like the functions of another model, like the Driver or the Athlete instead. I am not a pilot and won't use the aviator functions. Is it possible to upload the firmware intended for one model to another? I am not suggesting from one model of watch to another, but rather only from one MARQ to another.

Thank you!

• Have you tried or just assuming it wont work?

• This should not be a problem for the activities (see my explanation above). For other functions: I do not know the files you have to copy between the watches, sorry.

• , Have you actually tried this? In theory it should work, but in reality your watch will not accept additional activities if you try to add any to it. They will be simply discarded.

• Yes, I tried it. I successfully run the expedition app on my athlete.

You still have to add the new activity to your favorite list. When copied to your watch, it is visible in the list of all available apps.

• Thank you for the screenshots. This proves that MARQ is an exception to the general behavior of other Garmin watches when new activities are added. Previously all added activities were just discarded.

• This app must be the exception as I can't transfer any driver functions to my new aviator or vise versa. Was hoping to get at least the track timer but no luck. Maybe not so much with the driver, but with the aviator the apps seem to be pretty deeply intertwined within the base OS so I highly doubt aviator functions can be transferred. Although driver functions should be possible, just basic apps really. Each watch has an APPS folder which is probably the solution but I don't feel like messing anything up and loosing my settings.

• I'm disappointed that Garmin haven't offered the apps across the whole range. I bought the Aviator for the aesthetics but would appreciate some of the features of the Driver or Expedition. I'm just never going to wear those two watches as I don't like the look.

• You should be able to add the "Race" app from the Garmin Connect IQ store to the watch. Essentially the same as the app from the Driver. (or maybe not - other MARQ watches aren't listed as compatible) I did successfully add the function to my Fenix 6, which is listed as compatible. Maybe the other MARQ series watches lack some needed sensor?