This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Discount on registration for customers in Europe?

Hello,

I registered my Athlete and got an email from the states (at least it looked like it) informing me that I get 20% discount on an order for accessories.

I used the link in that mail and ordered a black titan band and a charge cable. During the order I saw that the price was lower (than 400USD for the band) so I understood that I will receive the discount. After the order was place (and well yes, stupid me, also paid) I noticed that 424Euro were taken for this order. That is nothing lower than the normal price here in Germany for these things.

But I am wondering about the Garmin policy actually. It is written that an order can be changed within 1-2 hours from ordering. I certainly got that deadline but I got no result, it is not written where I can cancel the order. Now, while reading further, I notice things like "if You paid with PayPal, You cannot cancel online" & "your order is not subject to changes due to Garmin policy".

If anybody with experience how to 'solve this' is reading this, please inform me what steps I should better take.

Of course it is possible to wait for the arrival of the package. Next to the fact that this might take some time if it has to be shipped and maybe even custom cleared, I would find it quite negative that I am not able to interact with them normally. The website took away the option to send a mail. I did send one Yesterday after placing the order but now there are only two options, chat and call (which are both 'out of order' as the states are still asleep).

Any ideas?

best regards,

Ruud

• Update:

-it took about 3-4 mail to understand: these are not answered

-it took one chat to get an (or should I say the) answer: your delivery in Germany should be discussed with garmin.de

-it took one mail to garmin.de to get an answer 'sure, we'll take back your equipement and return the payment'

-and it took a pleasant telephone call before the last mail was answered: the reason for the problem is probably that your discount is deducted as soon as You inform that You are not in the US, but in Germany. We are happy to take back your goods or to provide the same discount on your order.

I ended up with a combination:

-I kept the charge cable, too little difference to send it up and down

-I returned the black titan band as I understand that a 'silver' titan band is now available. I do have a silver titan band but I would call this one 'the nail braker', it is really not a pleasant way to open it. The new titan band I ordered now should open by pressing on both sides simultanously, like the band on the Driver. That looks to be a better solution for me. I got a discount for that new band.

Well yeah, I did return the black titan band and I did not get the refund yet. And yeah, I ordered the new titan band with discount and did not get it delivered yet. But I am convinced that this will work and I am happy with the service, understanding and support I got . . . . from garmin.de

Kudos for them !!

But I cannot say the same about the garmin.com support.They even topped the cherry on the cake by asking me to give  support rating although they never even answered any of my mails.

Regards,

Ruud