This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch face MARQ Athlete

Hello all,

I received my Athlete yesteray and am getting aquianted with the menu and new settings.

Until now I used the Crystal watch face, but that won't show the triangles for V02 MAX and recovery. Is there any other watch face that shows these triangles?

I like the look of the original watch face for the Athlete, but I pity that I seem unable to change the content of the circles. I only can change the lower data field. It is nice to see what distance I ran until now, but that is not necessary for me constantly, I'd rather have other data shown like steps & floors. I recall being able to change all circles on the original watch face form my Fenix 5S+, is anything like this planned or done by developers?

best regards,

Ruud

• Only the 'default' watch face shows the triangle relative to the bezel.

And as you've discovered, there's very limited ability to change much else.

I use a Fenix 6 watch face (can't think which one at the moment) that is much more configurable and informative.

• I've searched tons of watch faces. None have the said triangles! Unbelievable to me that one of the identifying features of this watch is so lame. Hopefully Garmin allows for more configuration of that watch face in the NEAR future.

• On top of the fact that the watch face lacks the possibility to configure enough field, I notice that it works strange as well. I would have like to see the seconds-arm aroud midnight, yesterday. Just to follow when the New-Year starts, the seconds-arm just went invisible at times I did not understood.

So I will wait for them to change that watch face, or (what I hope for more) for the Crystal developer to implement the triangles in is watch face.

• Second hand 'disconnects' after a short while. Move your wrist and they will reappear. Battery saving feature.

• I couldn't agree more. Have the same problem and I am very very DISAPPOINTED. Top watch at this price level should be more felxible ... shame on you GARMIN (other than that I am a great fan w/ multiplte devices)

GARMIN if you read this, pls do something about it. I run and bike, would like to be able to configure the round circles, maybe also have a face w/ 4 circles (distance run, distance, bike, intensity minutes per week, training condition + 2 triangles VO2). If you could do this, will be in love again.

• I'm hoping for the same. Blending the software with the hardware design (watch bezel) was a nice touch. If there are no plans to update, then release the capability to the community and let it evolve  on its own. 

• If you want something specific you can design and build your own watch face, or you can search the CIQ store, or you can ask someone to make a watch face for you.

Top watch at this price level should be more felxible

Any other watches you can name at this price that offer so much flexibility in terms of available apps and watch faces that you can add?

shame on you GARMIN

I don't think Garmin has anything to be ashamed of. They've produced a high-quality watch than can be configured in an almost infinite variety of ways. Just because Garmin don't provide you with the information you want out of the box does not mean it's not out there. There are 100s of watch faces available in the store and 1000s of apps.