This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strange behaviour of MARQ Expedition after maps update TopoActive Europe 2019.20

First thing I realized after the maps update was the very (!) long loading of the maps. This took several minutes up to half an hour.

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/marq-series/206193/long-time-maps-loading-after-maps-update-topoactive-europe-2019-20

To came out of it I did everything recommended here in the forum from other users but that did not really help.
So I deleted all maps including my custom maps. (Nops Reit und Wanderkarte and Nops Reit und Wanderkarte Nord)

After updating all Garmin maps with Garmin Express everything was fine again.
Loading of maps is fast (exception is 'around me' what still needs minutes after GPS lock)  
the watch 'works' normal.

So I installed my custom maps again. (tried both - just copied the image - used the updated maps install - same result)
After those maps are on the watch it takes many (!) minutes to load maps the first time what might be normal.
The next boot is expectable fast - all looks fine again but it is not.
The starting of any (!) app  takes several minutes (hitting the bottom and nothing happens) ... this goes on as long as one app which is using a map did get a GPS fix and loaded a map. When this once happened the Expetion works totally normal ... until next boot. Than it starts again ...

This behaviour does obviously has to do with the custom maps - but I did use those all the time without any problems.
So something must have been changed after the Garmin maps update.

Any solutions?
Any one else with the same problem?

• I found out myself ... as there is no really help from the 'official team' .... Sunglasses

It has to do with the size of the custom map. Obviously the watch gets into trouble when it is bigger than 3GB. All the time I did use the complete Reit-und Wanderkarte which now made all the problems. Today I tried to install it in three parts: Germany, Alps and Scandinavia. After putting them onto the watch there is just one (!) long loading maps after taking it away from the computer. Next time it is quick and the watch is obviously running normal ... Slight smile