This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constant SYNC FAIL

Is it just me or there are other MARQ users having constant SYNC FAIL since few days ago?

When I check the sync log, I can see this 

ERROR DETAILS

Error Domain=GCMSyncErrorDomain Code=1 "Server error" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Server error, SyncErrorReason=Background execution time ended}

can I send you the logs in PM?

• Garmin Connect Mobile problem. Have you logged this on the GCM forum? Have you logged a fault with Garmin Support?

• Same issue.  I need to close GCMobile, then restart it to get a sync.  Once I even had to turn off bluetooth then back on.

• I was able to resolve this; at least for the last few hours... What I did was removing the Garmin CIQ app altogether, then removing and reinstalling Garmin Connect Mobile.

Since then the sync is working again. This is on a iPhone 11 Pro Max with IOS 13.2 Beta.

Might be worth giving it a try.

• Already did this and still getting Failed toast on my MARQ watch

• Same here.  Friend of mine with a Fenix 5s plus reporting same problems.  Sounds like recent updates broke something..  I do get it eventually to work but it takes a few random phone and watch restarts.

• Same here.

both when opening GCM (have to force-close it, disable bluetooth, reenable it, open GCM; that usually works), and also frquent “sync failed” messages on the watch

• Same Problem here since last week. The sync is not completed, records are gone and weather widget on watch doesn’t work. iPhone Xmax 13.2. Marq Expedition.  
    *on the other hand - I do get an annoying massage that reminds  me that I’m on active call, while I’m on active call... go figure. 

I wish there was a way to control the auto update, or at least return to the older version which worked flawlessly 

• I wish I understood why Garmin BT syncing is so delicate.  We seem to go through this at least once a year with regular monotony - meanwhile every other BT thing I've got that syncs with my phone just keeps working without a hiccup, over app and iOS updates.  What are Garmin doing so wrong/differently that syncing just seems to break all the time?  I means it's not as if it's anything important like the core function of the app is it?

• I was able to fix the sync issue (which for me started today, weeks after iOS update and several days after 5.20 auto-update) by soft-resetting the watch. Trouble is: after that my calendar sync is broken. Neither structured workouts from Garmin, nor Training Peaks workout sync.

Tried to sync via Express: no luck there. The sync runs through completion, the calendar on the watch is still empty.

(Logged issue with Garmin support. They do suspect something in GC Mobile/data service, but no exact cause, nor solution.)

• I am having the same issue. All history data are not showing in the app. I have reinstalled the app in the phone, I have restarted the watch as recommended but no result. I am starting to be hopeless.