• Since we are into sharing links, here's an early take from one the5krunner: https://the5krunner.com/2019/10/01/new-garmin-marq-commander/

• The Commander is available on Garmin.com. But not only that, the Expedition seems to have been renamed “Adventurer”. 

• That is interesting indeed (Adventurer)

• I believe this is a mistake, somebody cc some text from Fenix 6 Pro Solar. In the 'new' Adventurer Marq on Garmin specs it is written under battery life:

Smartwatch: Up to 21 days +24 hours/week*
    GPS: Up to 60 hours +6 hours**
    GPS and music: Up to 15 hours +1 hour**
    Max battery GPS mode: 120 hours + 28 hours**
    Expedition GPS mode: 46 days + 10 days**
    Battery saver watch mode: 80 days + 40 days**

*assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions
    *assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions

Or maybe they just updated our watches with solar panels ?! :-)

• Does anyone know Garmin's strategy here? I've been using a Tactix Charlie, and it's great piece of kit, though honestly the only serious point of difference is the backlight, which can be made very dim and so is a lot better in the field. The Tactix is expensive, but with forces discount and eBaying a previous model it's financially doable.

Is the Marq Commander actually the Tactix Delta? Aside from the Fenix 6 upgrade features, there seems zero difference between this model and the Tactix. Which kind of begs the question: why is it $1200 more? Do Garmin really expect soldiers to stump up this much for a field watch and still remain married to their wives/husbands? 

• It can only be a cc mistake. In my local site (including) the local manual, the specs are the same as the other MARQs. 

The “adventurer” must be about brand name infringement in regards to “expedition”

The Expedition will now be more “unique”. :-)

• I wonder if the new commander watch will have a "Shooting Timer" activity. It will be great to measure shooting times in the range. 

• I was just noticing the same... its the ONLY one with Solar specs

• It’s not just about “features”. It about the materials used and quality of the craftsmanship. The whole case is titanium, not just the bezel. The buttons just feel high quality in comparison to the Fenix range. It comes with 2 straps, one of which is a Jaquard-weave nylon which is $300 on it’s own here in Australia. It’s a Tactix Delta for the REMFs.

• Hmmm. I’m sure you’re right about the quality of the build, though to be fair the Fenix line and all it’s  cousins are exceptionally well put together. I hope this doesn’t mean the demise of the Tactix line, although maybe that’s what the Instinct Tactical is for.