This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Crash during structured workout with 5.1 firmware

Hello!

Today I had a crash half way running a structures workout (created by Training Peaks). When pressing the lap button to proceed to the next interval the Marq Athlete crashed, restarted and offered me to continue, what I did. I had to re-add my connect IQ datafield which was gone! Finally the watch recorded everything fine, no loss of data. But it was my luck, that the crash happened just while I was looking on the screen.

This is my first crash ever of a Garmin - and I used a good hand full of their watches over a decade now. One time glitch or a problem with 5.1? We will see - would be great to get some feedback if anyone experienced the same issue.

Regards, Björn 

• In the first instance I'd suggest you test with a structured workout created from Garmin Connect. If it crashes with that you can probably be sure it's not related to Training Peaks. If it doesn't then you'll need to get in touch with TP, which might be a good idea to do anyway.

• Well, it is not the first Training Peaks workout I applied... never had Problems before. And it is a Garmin API/Interface they use.

• I remember structured workouts becoming really sluggish on F645M for me, to a point of skipping steps and freezing, until the watch was restarted.

Also, one of the Training Peaks workouts last week that contained a a bunch of intervals got truncated -- the watch jumped through the whole interval section straight after the first repeat (that was on F6X).

No issues on MARQ though, but I think we can agree structured workouts need attention from Garmin. Both in terms of UI/UX and performance.