This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

notifications

I take my watch off when I'm sat at a computer, or asleep, or on other occasions. The watch will know this; my heart rate drops to zero and it stops moving.

Ok, I might also just be dead.

Either way, though, I don't need notifications on my watch. I particularly don't want it vibrating madly like an idiot at 2am to let me know an email's arrived.

Is there a configuration option I just haven't yet found that lets me tell the watch to only notify me when it's being worn? I know I can set it into 'do not disturb' mode but when you take your watch off multiple times a day that's just a pain.

• You can set specific times of the day when it won’t vibrate.

It’s also not hard to put it in DND mode. Takes less time that taking it on and off.

• There is a 'Sleep time' setting under the Do not disturb menu it will disable all notifications in that period. However, there is no automatic do not disturb mode when you don't wear the watch unfortunately, even if it's a very good idea. I think you should request this feature, it would be a useful one and probably not too difficult to implement it.

• Everyone, thank you for this suggestion, I have already passed it on personality.

• Takes about the same amount of time, but only if the rotating menu is already on 'DND'. Otherwise it takes longer.

It's also an interactive 'look at the screen' task, whereas taking the watch off may take 4 seconds but it's 4 seconds in which I'm doing other things at the same time. I don't look at the watch to remove it or to put it back on.

More pertinently I don't have to remember to take my watch off or put it back on. DND on the other hand..