This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I honestly have no luck or I am just cursed

Hi, 

I honestly have no luck or I am just cursed ! 

Exchanged the Expedition that had the screen issues for the Athlete, out of the box I LOVE the Athlete! and definitely this is the one I should had gotten the first time. But, I am having battery issues :( 

The watch out of the box had FW 3.40, as soon I put it on I installed just one widget called battery meter and it showed same battery consumption as the Expedition, 0.100 ~ 0.300 which is awesome and is what Garmin Advertise as 12 days in watch mode. 

Around 7PM Saturday, connected the watch to the computer using Garmin express and I was asked to update FW to 3.50 and also update all maps and so I did and oh boy I REGRET DOING THAT!  Now my battery right after the update it wont consume any less than 0.800~1500 an hour!!!!! My battery right now is at 50% in just 2 day of watch mode use! 

My settings are the following 

- Stock watch face 

- Display bright at default 20% and only to activate with wrist move after sunset 

- Pulse disabled completely

- Only the widgets that comes with the phone with the exemption of Battery Meter

- No alerts, No alarms, No Key Sounds, No Key Vibrations 

- Wifi Off 

- BT On paired with my iPhone

- Notification only for text and calls

- rest of the settings are stock,  fhe way it came out of the box,  sleep tracking on,  steps and daily activity tracking.  

I havent done any sport activity with this watch yet,  all activities are doing using me Edge 1000.  

As you can see I am using the watch just as a watch, no activities and no use at all and still the battery is dying extremely quick. 

what I am planning to do next: 

1- Wait for the watch battery to go to 1% 

2- Hard reset

3- Charge to 100% and test again

If issue persist then it has to be the 3.50 update OR the maps update!  The watch was FINE till the moment I did those updates :( 

I have such a bad luck :( 

see photo attached, also the reason why it says 28H on the photo is because I re installed the app