This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Athlete losing Bluetooth connectivity after soft. Updates

Hi,

i have received my marq Athlete 3 days ago. Since, there has been 2 automatic software updates. Gps software being the last one.

It appears the updates mess with the Bluetooth connection somehow  has the watch refuses to connect with my iPhone and Garmin connect, until I shutdown and restart the watch. It did both times.

anyone else experiencing this?

• I literally JUST had a moment where Garmin Connect on my iPhone was not connecting to my watch, but all I did was close the Garmin Connect app and re-open it and it was fine. I've only had the watch since Wednesday though. What I have noticed though, is the bluetooth connectivity must not have as great of a distance capability as my Fenix 5X has. Whenever I had the Fenix 5X, I would get all my notifications on my watch while I was showering with my phone charging in a different room. Every time I've showered since switching to the MARQ Athlete, it must be too far now for the Athlete to connect because I don't have anything on my watch but return to my phone to see notifications came through while I was showering. This might be known stats between to the two watches, I didn't really take time to research it. Just throwing that info out there.

• My software version on my Expedition is 3.10. Over the last three days, I have also had to close and restart the Garmin Connect app in order to establish my Bluetooth connection. I think 3:10 is the current software.

• Clarification: in my case, restarting the app or iPhone didn’t help. I have to restart the watch.

• I have a similar problem. Occasionally my watch won’t connect to the app and only restarting the watch solves it. I’m hoping future updates address this. 

• Something up with the Bluetooth on my MARQ since the last couple of updates. Won't pair my iphone with my watch - at all now! no matter how many resets, on/off, etc. It refuses to pair. It also disconnects and reconnects to my HR strap about 8 times during a run. And drains battery about 5 time faster than before.