This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Owners Club

Let us share some enthusiasm about this gorgeous watch coming our way.

Here is my story; being an old Omega Seamaster owner, I was actually looking for something alike in quality. I looked at Omega, TAG Heuer and alike. However allthough all these watches are very nice, each and every time I came to the conclusion that I can't live without 24/7 HR and smart notifications. I am a passionate athlete; so I much like to keep track on my resting HR. And that's actually it - none of the premium brands I looked at deliver that.

And then Marq is being launched - just in the middle of my search :-) What a funny coincidence! Cause BOOM - this is just what I was looking for. Mann that was a sweet surprise :-)

Since I am an athlete, I ordered the Marq Athlete version. That watch has exactly what I want. Really nice materials, 3. gen OHR, and smart notifications. Plus add to this - all Fenix' functionallity, a speedier processor and 12 days battery.

Oh yeah!

Despite being expensive - and please don't get me wrong here - I think this is bang on. I don't mind paying premium for premium. Yes - one could argue the display resolution is not high enough. Personally I would have liked to see HD graphics. But honestly said - that's not the deal breaker for me. The materials are though. And this is where I believe Garmin did the right choice. Premium materials with long battery and an OK display.

So I can't wait to get mine :-)

What about you? What version did you buy?

Share your passion here...
  • People will talk smack but there is nothing wrong with liking pretty things... and these are pretty! Out of my price range but certainly pretty.
  • What I am affraid, though - perhaps unjastifiably - is that the Marq won't be as reliable a 24/7 watch as a Tag or Rolex or Omega or even Seiko. Despite luxurious externals, inside you'll find the same cheap chinese-made electronics and the same low quality software that can be found on all the cheaper garmins. Expensive swiss and japanese watches are legendary not only for the premium materials and good looks, but for their accuracy and reliability as well. Even in terms of simple time keeping this could be a challenge for garmin. I think (my personal opinion - not trying to convince anyone) that Garmin does not understand yet what it takes to be a true watchmaker. The Marq is just an advanced wearable computer (with all its strengths and flaws) disguised as a premium watch, but it is definitly not an omega equivalent with smartwatch functions added. This is why I'd never buy the Marq, even though I could actually afford one. In terms of features and functionality it gives not much more than the F5+ at a fraction of the price, and in terms of luxury it is just a cleverly disguised imitation.
  • Don’t think the release of this lineup isn’t strategically planned to be around the worlds biggest watch convention, Baselworld. While Swatch pulled out of the show, they’ll still release watches around the same time, along with other companies actually at the show.

I would suggest to anyone looking for the “newest” wearable, to wait 1-2 more weeks as the show is about to start. Then once everything is reveled, then make your purchase.
  • I´m not a true athlete, but considering my self as an active person, running 6 km every morning for already 7 years. Having 2,5 years Fenix 3HR (so far hesitated to upgrade to 5x Plus), this MARQ release surprised me very much. Garmin seems to try to enter a different premium market, which is ok from my point of view. Honestly speaking I´ve fallen in love with Expedition and Athlete models from MARQ. I understand, that Fenix 5x Plus will be upgraded with newer model. If Fenix 6x is not going to differenciate from current model majoritly, I will most probably jump into Athlete/ Expedition MARQ.
  • Since I am an athlete, I ordered the Marq Athlete version. That watch has exactly what I want. Really nice materials, 3. gen OHR, and smart notifications. Plus add to this - all Fenix' functionallity, a speedier processor and 12 days battery.

What about you? What version did you buy?

I am also interested in a MARQ, but no model is available for purchase (or even order) yet here in the U.S. Where did you order yours?

TIA

• www.jurawatches.co.uk

Note that if you sign up for a newsletter you get 10% discount. I got that, so that's cool.
  • www.jurawatches.co.uk

Note that if you sign up for a newsletter you get 10% discount. I got that, so that's cool.

Shows as not available yet, however. I think their "7-10 days" shipping estimate is very optimistic...

But thanks for the link.
  • Garmin' s french website says that availibility is in first trimester 2019, which is end of april probably. I still did not preorder mine, first waiting for F6 announcement. I'm not in hurry, this will be very important and quite expensive decision, so let's make it right.

• That seems to be a bit tricky. Announced price for Athlete version is 1 500 USD with equality in EUR. This price you will get on their website after you preorder with 10% discount (+/-), so pretty expansive..:-)