Marq Captain (gen 2) - additional Watch Straps - first impressions

Just  received additional straps for my Marq Watch and noticed that there are not many pictures available of these straps in combination with the Marq 2 captain model.
So, I decided to showcase these straps and assist others who are interested in purchasing them.

Im not a professional fotographer. Personally i think they look beter in real life. But hopefully its good enough to give you an impression

Pictures with the official Marq 1 Leather strap ( Italian vacchetta leather strap - 010-12738-04)
Im impressed with the quality of the stitching. The leather is of premium quality and I believe it complements the blue ceramic bezel nicely. I plan to wear this watch on more formal occasions.

Second is the  Marq silicon Spark Orange strap (010-13225-04). This is not the Marq 1 version but the Mar2 one. It has a lighter tone of orange that gives the watch a sporty and summery look. I also changed the color of the second hand to match the orange of the strap. Think this one is perfect to wear when sailing or spending time on the water or beach.

• Very nice looks! I hardly used my vachetta strap because the free loop is way too loose and always slips down.

Is that the same with your strap?

• Thanks for the pics.  Does that orange strap feel like its worth the $129 that Garmin has it listed for?

• To me it does, else I would not have bought it. Advantage is it fits verry wel the watch, there is no gap between the strap and the watch case. Like the color as wel, it’s a bright orange color tone. Is it as good as a vulcanized rubber strap found on luxury watches? No.  But, it’s also not as expensive as those either. 

• OK.  On the wouldn't have bought it part, I don't have anywhere to see one in person so I wouldn't have an opinion UNTIL I bought it.  I was just curious how it was in comparison to the regular straps of which there are the $13 Amazon aftermarket ones.  Did I read correctly that it comes with 2 straps?  The jacquard one and the blue silicone one?  Not sure how long its going to take for mine to get here from the UK. 

• Hi, got it. The watch comes with 2 straps, jacquard and blue silicone. Because I already had the blue silicone one, I was not concerned on quality. If you have doubts, I would suggest to wait until you have your watch & straps, then decide if yo want to buy an additional one. The 13 dollar Amazon aftermarket straps, will likely not have an curved edge where the strap attaches to the watch. So if that is important for you, I suggest to go with the Garmin one. In addition I can say the Garmin mark straps have a solid locking mechanism to attach to your watch, gives me confidence it will not disconnect when im on a bike ride, falling etc.. . I’m not sure if those cheap bracelets have the same quality locking mechanism in place. 

• I haven't had any problems with the aftermarket ones that I even took up Kilimanjaro.  I was merely just curious of your impressions while I wait for mine to arrive.  I'm sure they are good quality.  Breitling and Panerai have some expensive rubber straps so it's maybe just a product of the OEM cost.  At least for the cost of the watch they include the extra strap.  

• I haven't found any Marq aftermarket straps. There are sure a lot of options for the standard Quickfit 22mm. But the Marq (2) straps are built differently. First of all they close the gap between band and  bezel. Secondly the material is somehow more sturdy and therefore the strap feels thinner.