Keeping it clean

Hi all, with such a beautiful and expensive watch like the Marq 2 how do you all keep it clean ? So far I try to clean the bottom daily with a damp microfiber.. does anyone have a better way ? Maybe I’m a little OCD with this watch to begin with lol 

• Cleaning

We recommend cleaning your watch band frequently to remove sweat buildup and other particles or residue and to prevent odor. A good practice is to follow the recommended cleaning methods below each time you shower. Choose your band material below to reveal cleaning tips.

Leather Bands

• Leather or suede leather bands are intended for casual wear and are not recommended for vigorous activity.
    • To clean, wipe the leather band with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth. You may dampen the cloth lightly, if needed, to remove dirt buildup. Allow the band to dry completely before wearing.
    • Leather cleaners and polishes may cause discoloration.
    • Note that leather is a natural material and will develop a patina with normal use.

Metal Bands

• To clean, wipe the metal band with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth. If necessary, dampen the cloth with water. Allow the band to dry completely before wearing.
    • Do not use metal polish or abrasives to clean or refinish your metal band. This may result in damage to cosmetic finishes.

Nylon Straps

• To clean, wash the band in cold water. A mild soap may be used to remove stubborn dirt or stains. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water, and allow to dry completely before wearing.

Silicone or TPU Elastomer Bands

• Rinse with water, and allow the band to dry before wearing.
    • To remove residue from lotions, sunscreens, insect repellent, etc., use rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth, followed by rinsing with water. Allow the band to dry before wearing.

How do I clean the body of the watch?

• Use water to rinse off, or use a dampened lint-free cloth for cleaning.
    • Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean debris away from charging contact points on the device.
      • IMPORTANT: Do not use the toothbrush to clean cavities or holes on the watch, especially on devices that have cavities for speakers and microphones.
      • Do not use sharp objects to clean the device, and never poke or prod any openings on the unit.

Can I use a disinfectant on my watch?

• You can use a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe to gently wipe the exterior of your watch module, silicone and/or metal band.
    • You can also use a disinfecting wipe, but we recommend that you rinse the watch under water to remove any chemical residue left behind by the wipe to avoid possible skin irritation.
    • Do not use disinfectants on fabric or leather bands.
    • Do not clean the watch or bands with bleach, and do not submerge your watch or bands in any cleaning agents.
    • Avoid getting disinfectant in any openings on the watch body.

Can I use an ultrasonic cleaner?

• Ultrasonic cleaners are not recommended for use. Using one may result in damaging the watch.

Care

Things to Avoid

To preserve the appearance of your watch and to avoid possible skin irritation, we recommend avoiding exposure to the following chemicals:

• Hair dye
    • Insect repellents
    • Moisturizing creams and lotions
    • Oils
    • Perfumes
    • Sanitizers
    • Soaps
    • Solvents, detergents or household cleaners
    • Sunscreens

Also keep in mind that exposure to these substances may degrade the water resistance of your watch over time, so it’s best to avoid these, if possible.