Both me and my husband face battery life issues after the crash. His Fenix Cronos said a few seconds after connecting with charger: 100% . My device Instinct draines out a lot quicker than usual with the same usage

Battery life after the outage

• Unlikely this is related to the outage. Also, I'm moving this thread to the Instinct forum for better visibility.

• Yep reddit is full of users complaining about this..weird thing that it's not affecting everyone...I wonder if Garmin is aware.

Just tested with my Instinct..from full charge to shutting down  only 3 days..just with BT off no GPS, that's just crazy compared to original 2 weeks..

• .I wonder if Garmin is aware.

I assume some have contacted Garmin Support, rather than just post on reddit? Thinking

• Same here! Loaded yesterday, used no gps or activities and its on level 3 at the moment

• So gave it one more try..updated to latest beta after full discharge, full charge and still same..

Tried calling localg support and noone is answering..hah what a joy Disappointed

• Tried calling localg support

You can always use the email method. They state 3 to 5 days for a response. It is typically shorter than that.

• Yep, ended up writing with Garmin, basically they are not aware of any issues like these (at least locally) suggested things I already tried..and suggested claiming warranty at my retailer...seems silly as this clearly started with outage for some reason and number of people complaining about this at the same time is hard to be belived as a coincidence. Not feeling like sending the watch to warranty claim, but main strong feature of the watch just vanished Disappointed

• There is no reason why the outage should impact the battery drain, but it could be perhaps related to one of the latest firmware releases, which happened around the same time. Garmin did some changes of the battery indicator, so it is also possible that it is only an issue of the battery level indicator, and not really impacting the battery life.

The best way to find out would be fully charging the watch, and the letting in drain till it shuts down, measuring the time and comparig it with the specifications. If the resulting time is within the time specified for given mode with a reasonable tolerance of some 10-20%, there is likely no serious problem. Should it be onsiderably shorter, contact the support again, or get a new watch, do the test before updating to the newest firmware (typically there will be an older firmware if purchased from a retailer), then update to the latest firmware over Garmin Express, and do another test. That will tell us whether there is a problem with the firmware or not.

• I'm only wearing mine for hiking and not on a day to day basis, I had my longest hike recently and was surprised to see it max out at 9 hours... It's  advertised at 16 so realistically I's expect 12-13 at least.

Bluetooth, activity monitoring and heartrate sensor were all switched off, settings are on every second recording...Today I took my fully charged watch for a walk and an activity of about an hour consumed 1 bar out of 5 of the battery indicator...

• Up to 16 hours

GPS mode with wrist-based heart rate

Laughable really but then it does say “up to” which could mean anything. I’ve got literally everything turned off or down and I’m getting nervous around the 10-11 hour range of it dying on me. GPS + Glonass setting. Between battery life, distance errors, elevation errors, horrible Ultratrac performance I’m pretty underwhelmed by this watch. It’s what I have and am not buying something else so I’ll just deal with it and hopefully Garmin makes fixes some or all of these issues.