This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Gesture Backlight After Sunset Don't Work

Hi,

Backlight won't turn on when doing gesture after sunset even though I have enabled it on the watch, both not during workout and during workout. Why is this, is it the new update maybe?

• Hi

same with mine. Hard restart fixed it

• Ok thx for the answer. Annoying to have to hard reset it cuz it takes time to set everything up again as I want it. 

• misstänker att du kan svenska. Hard restar tar inte bort något. Håll avstängnings knappen tills den stångs av. Sen startar du den bara. Allt är som innan

• Yes, what was needed here, is actually called Soft Reset. The term Hard Reset is usually used for so called Master Reset in Garmin's terminology. Sometimes also referenced as Factory Reset. Only the Master Reset removes the settings, Soft Reset won't touch them.

Soft Reset is advisible after each firmware update (even if you did one during the update self), because often the data structure, or the settings structures changed, and the additional restart may be needed to get everything correctly aligned.

• thats what i ment. Thank you!

• I bought the new Garmin Instinct solar. Had the same issue. Checked everything. Soft & hard reset both.Even spoke to customer care. Software updated. But by experience, finally realised the issue. So the time in ur watch can get synced with your mobile. But for correct sunset & sunrise, it requires GPS. So if its a new watch, or you have travelled abroad, you need to long press the GPS button and it will get your current position. This would correct the sunset time( though  i know many would think, that the backlight doesn't work as per the sunset time shown in watch), but doing this worked for me. 

So ensure

1. DND and sleep mode off.

2. Software updated.

3. Long press GPS for current position.

4. Ensure sunset mode is in not during/during activity.

Above steps should work it out. 

If yet a problem, you must contact the customer service for a replacement/ software reset done only by Garmin.