Heart rate monitor measuring/reporting while I am not wearing the watch?

After a recent update, my instinct will frequently record a relatively high heart rate (anywhere between 90-140 BPM) while the watch is off my wrist prolonged periods of time. Wondering if anybody has had a similar experience. On version 7.20.

Edit: chiming in to say that, while toggling the heart rate sensor off and on seems to resolve the issue for a time, the HRM ultimately goes back to measuring phantom heartbeats. I would consider this an ongoing software issue.

Parents
  • The light is constantly on when I am wearing the watch. 

That's intentional. The watch needs to monitor your HR continuosly, ideally 24/7 to acquire your average Resting HR, which is then used for the calculation of Calories burned during an Activity, for the evaluation of Intensity Minutes, and for other purposes. It is also needed for features like Daily Stress, Body Battery, and others. It does not consume much energy, but if you are on a hike where you cannot recharge the watch for several days, you can turn off the HRM manually through the settings.

• The light is constantly on when I am wearing the watch. 

That's intentional. The watch needs to monitor your HR continuosly, ideally 24/7 to acquire your average Resting HR, which is then used for the calculation of Calories burned during an Activity, for the evaluation of Intensity Minutes, and for other purposes. It is also needed for features like Daily Stress, Body Battery, and others. It does not consume much energy, but if you are on a hike where you cannot recharge the watch for several days, you can turn off the HRM manually through the settings.

Children
No Data