Heart rate monitor measuring/reporting while I am not wearing the watch?

After a recent update, my instinct will frequently record a relatively high heart rate (anywhere between 90-140 BPM) while the watch is off my wrist prolonged periods of time. Wondering if anybody has had a similar experience. On version 7.20.

Edit: chiming in to say that, while toggling the heart rate sensor off and on seems to resolve the issue for a time, the HRM ultimately goes back to measuring phantom heartbeats. I would consider this an ongoing software issue.

• Update: this seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the tip!

•   Garmin, fix the bug. At the moment, this can be fixed on the watch by turning the heart rate sensor off and on, as well as turning the watch off and on. But periodically it comes back for no reason. Resetting the clock to the factory value did. Vo2max was not added, the function of measuring the pulse in the air and non-living objects were added) Can you please remove this function, it is better to add VO2max instead of it)

• this is exactly a bug and periodically comes after turning hearth rate sensor on/off. I mean this action is just temporal solution. the watch doesnt know what is pulse or not. please garmin fix it.

• Toggling the heartrate auto setting appears to have resolved the issue for my watch.

• Hm, you're right. The issue has come back several times since I first tried toggling the sensor. Haven't tried a factory reset yet

• Ok, yep,s toggling the setting is definitely a temporary "fix". 

• I hope that this will be fixed quickly and efficiently. Otherwise, how can one trust the readings of the pulse even when in a calm state? I wanted to change my hand for the watch, I’m watching the sensor doesn’t go out, and how do I understand that he really counted my pulse all this time, and not the air pulse? Garmin, please fix this. The problem started with firmware update 7.20. At a forum of the CIS countries, this problem is also massively described on firmware 7.20

resetting settings will not help, only fixing a bug in the software will fix it.

As I noticed, the air pulse remains at one indicator or slows down strongly at one reading, when the seconds disappear on the clock, this can be seen in two videos. Check it out on your watch please

• I noticed that the pulse of air counts precisely after sleep, when I want to change my hand to wear the watch in the morning, the clock counts the air. After I eliminate the error by turning the heart rate sensor off and on, it disappears and does not appear all day, because I change my hand before going to bed and have never met this error, only in the morning, but there is an error every morning or specifically after sleep (did not check about sleep during the day). Also, earlier I wrote about the relationship between the activity of seconds and reading the pulse when the watch is not on hand, I checked that indeed when the seconds disappear from the watch’s screen, the pulse stops counting, it freezes in place and only when the minutes switch, the sensor readings change once, and this already happens not every second when seconds are active on the screen, but every minute, that is, once a minute. I hope this information will help developers to fix this error.

• I noticed that the pulse of air counts precisely after sleep, when I want to change my hand to wear the watch in the morning, the clock counts the air. After I eliminate the error by turning the heart rate sensor off and on, it disappears and does not appear all day, because I change my hand before going to bed and have never met this error, only in the morning, but there is an error every morning or specifically after sleep (did not check about sleep during the day). Also, earlier I wrote about the relationship between the activity of seconds and reading the pulse when the watch is not on hand, I checked that indeed when the seconds disappear from the watch’s screen, the pulse stops counting, it freezes in place and only when the minutes switch, the sensor readings change once, and this already happens not every second when seconds are active on the screen, but every minute, that is, once a minute. I hope this information will help developers to fix this error.

• same problem I have since the last update