Heart rate monitor measuring/reporting while I am not wearing the watch?

After a recent update, my instinct will frequently record a relatively high heart rate (anywhere between 90-140 BPM) while the watch is off my wrist prolonged periods of time. Wondering if anybody has had a similar experience. On version 7.20.

Edit: chiming in to say that, while toggling the heart rate sensor off and on seems to resolve the issue for a time, the HRM ultimately goes back to measuring phantom heartbeats. I would consider this an ongoing software issue.

Parents
  •   Garmin, fix the bug. At the moment, this can be fixed on the watch by turning the heart rate sensor off and on, as well as turning the watch off and on. But periodically it comes back for no reason. Resetting the clock to the factory value did. Vo2max was not added, the function of measuring the pulse in the air and non-living objects were added) Can you please remove this function, it is better to add VO2max instead of it)

•   Garmin, fix the bug. At the moment, this can be fixed on the watch by turning the heart rate sensor off and on, as well as turning the watch off and on. But periodically it comes back for no reason. Resetting the clock to the factory value did. Vo2max was not added, the function of measuring the pulse in the air and non-living objects were added) Can you please remove this function, it is better to add VO2max instead of it)

Children