Turn by turn navigation

Certainly, I was using turn by turn navigation conveniently when I ride a bicycle with version 5.70.

But from a certain time, the turn by turn navigation was disenabled.

Now, I can see only the distance to the goal with navigation.

Is there any option to use turn by turn navigation?

• I also missed this feature after some software update. It worked previously in a course created with garmin connect. Can someone give a hint here?

• Certainly, I was using turn by turn navigation conveniently when I ride a bicycle with version 5.70.

Franky told I do not know the navigation feature of Instinct well, but I still do have a navigation for courses available on my Instinct. Do you mean something else by the "turn by turn" navigation, than the currently available navigation? Was it in form of written instructions "turn left" / "turn right", or visual symbols, or how did it look? And was there previously a separate option for the turn-by-turn navigation, and another one for the standard navigation with a map?

• It was like this vídeo in min 1:26' https://youtu.be/NW0z51RJBEI

The Arrow in instinct appear in superior part of screen and in my case It worked durinho a walking activity, but would be great to haver It in cycling too. Once this already was present in past software versions seems to be an easy implementation.

• It was like this vídeo in min 1:26' https://youtu.be/NW0z51RJBEI

It looks like the standard Instinct navigation, that I always had, and still have, both for running and cycling activites (for walking likely too, but I did not test it). To be sure, I just created a new cycling course, sent it to Garmin, and then went to MTB Menu » Navigation » Courses » my course » Do Course, and it is still there as it always has been.

Edit: I just cannot test now whether the arrow is there, since I am confined at home, but hope will be able testing it outdoors one day

• In case of the topic creator and in my one, the map works fine but turn by turn feature stoped to work, in older software versions, when approaching of a corner the watch showa arrow, in corner format, just like the Edge 25 video. My watch really lost this feature in last update.

I'll try It again, film and try to send It trough e-mail to Garmin.

• I'll try It again, film and try to send It trough e-mail to Garmin.

Well, maybe wait before the v6.60 is rolled out (should be in a few hours)

• in older software versions, when approaching of a corner the watch showa arrow, in corner format, just like the Edge 25 video

I still do not understand whether you speak just about the arrow in the ring up right on the display, like on the following image:

or rather something like in the video you mentioned:

In the first case - if you just need that the arrow, instead of pointing to the destination (Bearing mode), points to the direction of your course (Course mode), then all you need to do is changing the Navigation Type to "Course".

Menu » Settings » Navigation » Type » Course

Read more about it in the User Manual - Heading Settings

You can also customize the navigation screen, or add up to 3 additional navigation screens with customized layout, where you can add the bearing and numerous other fields. There is, not only 20 different navigation fields available (including for example the distance or time to destination), but many more fields of other types. So by customizing the screen, you can make it pretty similar to the watch on your video - map at the top, the arrow down left, and distance to the next waypoint on the right.

• Exactly same problem here.

With 5.60 software I had that kind of turn-by-turn navigation (during following a course, when approaching a corner, the watch show an arrow and distance from that corner). Then I upgraded to 6.10 and that feature (that wasn't and option, it was a default feature) disappeared. Even in 6.60 that I tried today. So sad.

• I adressed it to Garmin since this feature was present in watch but lost in some software update. In a same course/activity that turn by turn worked previously, now it doesn't work anymore. I'll inform in the topic about Garmin feedback as soon as I receive it.

Unfortunately Garmin don't give us the access to previous neither stable nor beta software versions, so it hard to prove trough print screen that it worked.

Just for information, I've quickly checked the forum and found other guy who noticed the fault of this feature (in Italian): https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/instinct/193538/navigazione-turn-by-turn  

I hope Garmin check and bring it back to watch in next comming updates considering it worked before.

• Thanks to keep us updated. I miss that feature a lot.

PS: I'm Italian. The guy you noticed just says "it would be nice if you will add turn-by-turn navigation to the Instinct" and not "previously I had turn-by-turn navigation running good on my Instinct, and now it's disappeared after software upgrade".
    Just to be fair.