Add Persian (Farsi) notification support

Hi,

Please add display instinct support for Persian (Farsi) characters, which is very similar to Arabic characters, with some (less than 8) character differences...

People from Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Iran, Pakistan and some from Bahrain, Iraq, India and european countries text in Persian (Farsi).

Full persian support is not what i said, just support to display smart notifications written in Persian.

Parents
  • Thanks for your GREAT help trux. So, how to contact Garmin now? Do they read these posts?

You are welcome. Localisation of software and hardware was part of my job, formerly. 

I do not think that Garmin monitors closely this forum. Perhpas time to time they have a look at some threads, but I would not bet on it. You better try https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/, but do not expect any response. Likely it will be ignored, unless there are hundreds or thousands of similar requests from other users.

Another possibility would be calling Garmin support, or meeting a Garmin representative for example at a trade fair.

In any case, try do describe the problem very briefly, but exactly, clearly listing all 9 characters to be added (with their original form and the Unicode), and the remaining ones to be transcribed (again original forms and Unicodes of both the Farsi and the Arabic versions). Only with clear and well structured demand, there is a chance a developer will ever look at it.

• Thanks for your GREAT help trux. So, how to contact Garmin now? Do they read these posts?

You are welcome. Localisation of software and hardware was part of my job, formerly. 

I do not think that Garmin monitors closely this forum. Perhpas time to time they have a look at some threads, but I would not bet on it. You better try https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/, but do not expect any response. Likely it will be ignored, unless there are hundreds or thousands of similar requests from other users.

Another possibility would be calling Garmin support, or meeting a Garmin representative for example at a trade fair.

In any case, try do describe the problem very briefly, but exactly, clearly listing all 9 characters to be added (with their original form and the Unicode), and the remaining ones to be transcribed (again original forms and Unicodes of both the Farsi and the Arabic versions). Only with clear and well structured demand, there is a chance a developer will ever look at it.

Children
No Data