Locking & Unlocking buttons?

HI.

So I know of two ways to lock the buttons:

1. Under system settings->Auto-lock (during activity, etc) I have it still set to Off.

2. CTRL->Lock Keys.

However, I've been hesitant to try these because I've been unable to find information on how to unlock the buttons.

So...how do I do that?

And is every button locked when that's on? ie: I have no ability to manually set a lap if things are locked, right?

Thanks,

John

• Set it to auto lock and then just hold down any button for a couple of seconds to unlock

• Thanks.

I kind of figured it'd be something like that.

Also, once it's locked, if you press a button it actually tells you to hold any button to unlock it. At least, it does the first time you lock it.

-john

• I have set MENU-Settings-System-Hot Keys-(BACK + LIGHT)-Lock/Unlock Keys . But I have to remember the Hot Key combination for unlock, holding any button does not help. Holding CTRL for 10 sec helps everytime, it switch the watch off and after switching on keys are unlocked.

• Thanks for that. I like the idea of setting the CTRL + Back hot keys to lock / unlock. It's safer than just the one button held for a couple of seconds (that could easily be done accidently). The thing that I'd like would be for the locked info to just be the padlock symbol on the circle window and not the message that obliterates the whole screen. I have also found that when I unlock the keys with that combination the backlight gets stuck on and needs a press of the backlight button to switch it off.

• The recommendation to use the hot keys for unlocking should be a big help for me. I, like Dayve2016 below, like the safer hot key approach versus holding any key for a few seconds. I found that the Velcro on the left hand of the gloves that I wear during HIIT training often press against either the GPS or Set buttons long enough to unlock using the standard unlock.  Now that I am using the GPS+Down hotkey combination, that should hopefully solve the problem.