Virtual Partner & Alerts

Hi! I just made the switched to Garmin and bought an Instinct a few days ago. As I was setting up the activities profiles, I noticed a few things:

- the Virtual Partner can sometimes not be set to a slow enough speed/pace. For example, in the Running profile, the VP can be set between 6.45km/h - 48.20km/h (Speed) or between 2:00/km - 8:55/km (Pace). I do Obstacles Course Race and I would like to set it to 4km/h or 15:00/km but it’s not possible...on the other hand, who runs 48km/h??!! 

- Same thing goes for the Slow Speed Alerts in the activites. They have a set intervals depending on the profiles.

- On the Garmin Connect app, when you try to use the PacePro Pacing Strategies, I select 50km (doing a Spartan Ultra next year), and I can set the Goal Time to 7:14:57 maximum or a Goal Pace of 8:42/km. The problem is my Goal is 14:00:00 since a Spartan includes Obstacles & terrain...

My new Garmin Instinct has impressed me so far & I would really like to use these features since it was one of the reason I bought a smartwatch (pacing myself in my ultra-endurance events). Help me!

• Same here. Even on the hiking or walking profiles, the lowest speed is 6.45 hm/h, which is very brisk walking, to say the least. As for walking at 48.2 Km/h .... :). If this were not an Instinct, solutions could be found at ConnectIQ, but this is an Instinct, and we therefore seem to be stuck.