Indoor Cycling activity - only picks up my cadence, not speed. HR disappears.

I have a LifeFitness IC7 spin bike, which has ANT+ and bluetooth. I experience a few issues...

1. When I track an indoor cycling ride, once I open the ride in strava after saving it, it only shows my cadence data, but not speed. When I go to my sensor detector section of the watch, I see only two options for cadence or heart rate. Is it possible my bike simply doesn't send the speed data in the way that the watch wants it to? It's a bit frustrating, because Strava doesn't record the speed OR distance, only the cadence and heart rate. And it won't let me manually add the distance after the activity is automatically created in Strava. It's a bummer to not be able to use this to track my rides. Instead I have to just manually create activities in Strava to add the distance (the metric that matters most to me) to my rides. 

2. If I activate the heart rate sensor, it seems to connect to my bike (I'm guessing it's my bike it connects to, I don't have any other HR devices to connect to), but then no longer displays my heart rate on my watch itself. I also don't see it appearing anywhere on my bike's screen. Anyone else having this issue?