Alti/Barometer Inaccuracies

Hi all, did a lot of readings elsewhere before taking this issue here. Just want to know:

1) If the alti/baormeters on the Instinct is thermo-compensated. In Singapore when it is hot outdoors, and almost always cool indoors (air-conditioning), my instinct's alti/barometers gets consistently thrown off.

2) If they are, do the readings get back to a 'default' reading as calibrated/per factory settings? Because for mine, it never gives an accurate reading, and I constantly (and i do mean constantly), need to calibrate it to know QNH values and elevation.

3) Is the instinct showing MSLP or absolute/current pressure?

I am absolutely confused by the flucuations of my instinct every time there is a mild temperature change; fluctuations that never return to a known 'default' value.  They don't even show a consistent trend.

• Altimeter is pressure dependent not temperature. I’m buildings with AC the pressure is different from outdoors, this may be the effect you are seeing. Barometer based altimeters are always relative , if ambient pressure changes the watch will show you a different altitude even if you stay level. Calibration to a known altitude is a necessary part which you can do in the altimeter widget prefs. 

• I have calibrated today my current elevation and I have noticed my barometer readings dropped 10 hpa. The barometer should not be dependent on the altimeter but the altimeter yes. So, in my case I have always wrong barometer and altimeter readings.

Anybody have the same issue? On my Gshock the barometer was always spot on and when I calibrated the altimeter the barometer stayed the same like before calibration.

Edit: I have switched barometer settings from auto to barometer mode still when I calibrate elevation the barometer also calibrated. I know in this mode the altimeter irrelevant but... 

• Just by way of a note: a change in pressure due to a low pressure system moving fast over the spot where you are situated could result in a pressure change of 1kpa (=10hpa) this also represents the pressure change you would experience climbing around 150 meters. If your altimeter appears to be out a few tens of meters this could be atmosppheric.

I am also interested in how the GPS obtains a more accurate measure, particularly across the globe - which is not a perfect sphere. I presume the model it uses, takes this into account.