This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why aren't my text notifications working?

I've looked into this a bit, and am wondering why I don't get text notifications on my Instinct.  I unpaired my Instinct and my iPhone XR, re-paired them, and it still isn't working.  I know I can't reply to texts with my Instinct, and that's fine, but I would like to see them.  Thanks for any help!

• Have you checked the Notifications setting?

MENU>Settings>Phone>Smart Notifications>Status[Set to ON]

Then scroll down and make sure that you have During Activity set to Show All and Not During Activity set to Show All

Also check that the Notifications setting on your phone is set to Allow Notifications (Settings>Notifications>Allow Notifications).

HTH

• Thank you, for the quick answer that you already gave. 

Just wanted to follow up to expand on that answer and to link in support articles for others that are looking for more information on this.

For notification to go to your device, the Garmin Connect App needs to be open and running on your phone.

If it is, it is important to confirm the device is paired with your phone too.

Then to need to confirm Bluetooth Notifications are Enabled.

After that, check how your phone is managing notifications.   (Steps for iPhone and Android)

If you are still having issues, it is always a good idea to restart the devices by turning them off and on.

• I have the exact problem intermittently. I have been through resetting with Garmin Support and I still don't have reliable notifications. iPhone XR as well. I usually have to restart the watch and I will get notifications for awhile but it always eventually stops getting them.  

• I have the same issue.

• iPhone 6s here. Noticed the same. Quite unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Reboot of phone and watch eventually solves it till it happens again.

• I also have the same issue. This is totally unreliable. I have an iPhone XS Max and the notifications work briefly, then drop out again. No rhyme or reason, no pattern, just unreliable. I love the Instinct but the notifications support is hopeless. I’m guessing it has something to do with iOS not allowing Connect to run “properly” in the background.

• I had the same issue with my Fenix 5x. I cleared the cache on the app. Removed pairing. Uninstall and installed again. Paired again. Granted permissions again and in the app granted it as well when I got the notification. I started to get notifications again but no vibration alert like before. Discovered on the watch it was changed to do not disturb which I have never set before. Corrected and now working 100%

• I won' t recieve notifications at all and it won't recognize media playing from my phone and I have checked everything Disappointed

• I won' t recieve notifications at all and it won't recognize media playing from my phone and I have checked everything Disappointed

• I won' t recieve notifications at all and it won't recognize media playing from my phone and I have checked everything and tried everything. I have sent an email to you explaining this and I have posted it on the forum as well, could you have a look please?