Weather doesn't update

Hi

weather widget dosent update. garmin connect is on in the background (IOS), only when I open Garmin connect the weather updates. On my fenix 5 weather updated when I scrolled to the widget and a location icon appeared in the right corner on the phone. this dosent happens now

• Nice!! IOS 13 came out 4 months ago! We appreciate you guys getting right on this....4 months later!! I spent $300.00 on this watch and the previous fitbit knockoff I had for $29.00 had NO ISSUE reporting weather from any Apple phone or IOS version. This is ridiculous!!!!

• Now, Garmin connect mobilr iOS4.26.0.20 still not resolve this issue.

Garmin instinct tactical cannot show the weather. please suggestion

• I get it to work by shutting the watch off and restarting the watch.  Happens about every two weeks.  

• This issue - i.e. no weather information on the watch, does still exist on the Android version though seems to correct itself temporarily by switching the phone off and then on again.

• does still exist on the Android version

Not generally. Works fine on my phone without restarting. You may need to check your phone's battery saving parameters, lock screen parameters, etc.

• Yes I'm on the android with a Samsung A50 and it locks up every couple weeks or so.  For me the most successful is to shut down the watch and restart it.  That works most of the time.  Once I had to restart the phone as well.  I like the feature.  Handy when the phone is in a pocket or pack and you wonder or are asked about the weather.

• Connect V 4.27.0.33 released late yesterday seems to have cleared up the weather widget, for now at least. I've been through this with other "fixes" and ended up back to "waiting for data" a week later so we will see.

And to those that think wind and temperatures are are coming from another location as there are several other threads on this I have news. It is not. What you are seeing is the app is failing to update and the older data is just an earlier temp or wind speed. This has happened pretty regularly with this app from the time I've spent trying to trouble shoot it.

And yes, this can be a big deal. If you are taking on a strenuous activity and it's 90 out and the app says 80 then you are taking greater risk with dehydration or sun stroke which could become a health risk. There are many other possibilities you could be at risk with so I just say NEVER trust it until this is PROVEN to be resolved completely.

• Mine is unchanged.. still have to delete the app and re-download before weather will work again. Still that only lasts an hour at the most.  

• Hello CSteele.

Are you using this with an Iphone also? Are you saying your are killing the Connect app then restarting it to get data? I noticed that this morning also, mine quit refreshing sometime yesterday and killing the app and restarting it fixed it for a while. Like I said earlier, their "fix" is STILL not fixed at all, just like the last years worth hasn't been for many of us.

• success!!! incredibly enough, for the first time since owning Garmin watches the weather widget now actually update reliably on my Instinct. nothing else changed, I am still using my first generation iphone SE. must have been one of the recent updates. and yes, you need to grant the garmin app an “always” permission in the iphone setting for privacy/location.