Instinct Suggestions List

You buy a product knowing it’s current features but like anything, after using it you can come up with improvements and suggestions based on the watch and what is was designed for. Since we have a plethora of topics here, ideas and suggestions are all over the place, so I figured I’d create a topic to help people organize some of them.

So, below I’ll post a few suggestions based on my experience. If you agree with a suggestion (whether with me or anyone else), +1 it so Garmin knows. Post yours and let’s see what happens.

I’ll begin:

1. Timers- Give the user the ability to reorganize the Timers or have it automatically sort based on length of time (longest to shortest or vice versa).

2. Stopwatch- There is more than enough room to put the time of day. A lot of waste room on the SW screen.

3. Setting GPS- Unless I’m missing something, you have to set the GPS and it’s connection type per activity. It would be nice to set it on one (GPS or GPS/GLONASS or GPS/Galileo). Because of apps and websites like GNSS View, you can see the satellites above you and you can adjust your GPS connection settings accordingly.

4. Battery %- This is straightforward. We should be able to see the exact % of battery remaining.
  • Grade-normalized pace (GNP) fields... such as Lap GNP or Average GNP.

We already have that with 3-D Speed and 3-D Distance which can be set as a global setting for each App.

HTH
  • Pressure graph widget has option to set up history axis 4, 12, 24 hours. I need the same for temperature graph, there is only 4 hours history
  • I find it very disturbing that all graphs are not aligned to absolute values on the Y axis.

Take the HR widget:
    If during the past 4h my minimum HR was 60 and max was 100 I will see a much different graph than when it was 60 to 140.

My old Fenix 5 showed graphes aligned to fixed Y axis which is imho much easier to read.

Regards Thomas
  • Garmin, please please I need HR enable/disabled per activity! It does not seem as a lot of work, everything needed already in place.
  • Battery % was an obvious one for us ever since we bought it.

• I would like to see the option to disable the "on course" alert similar to how the "off course" alert can be disabled. Currently it is far too sensitive and I get the alert every few seconds which blocks 2 data fields and makes the watch vibrate constantly. The option to configure the distance before being considered off course would be even better, but right now I'd be happy just to disable it entirely since it is very annoying.

• I’d love to see a proximity based lap feature.  Basically start a lap when you start tracking, when you pass that location again create a new lap.  

• Moon and Sun Rise and Set screens.  Would be nice to have elevation angle and azimuth at the current time for Sun and Moon.

Would like to be able to leave the stopwatch like the timer to other screens and have it keep running and have the current time on the stopwatch.

New watch face options. Would like more flexibility to create screens. At least a few more canned screens with more details and/or data fields on the display. Example I like to see UTC and moon phase but have to choose. Let UTC go to the bottom line too. Perhaps an option to reduce the time digit size and add another line of detail data. Ability to eliminate the graph and add data fields where the graph was. Better yet give us the ability to design screens on the phone application.

The Gesture backlight is very useful to me but not very reliable. Perhaps some improvement to the sensitivity or adjustable sensitivity so it is more predictable.

Allow 

• Would also like to see a simple calendar for the month like the old school month with days of week at the top.  Remember the old school watch bands that had the monthly calendar on the bracelet.  It would be handy when discussing scheduling.

• Finally improve GPS and pace measurement! Very disappointed in Instinct...