My Instinct Solar keeps shutting off

Hi,

My instinct solar keeps shutting off when I start an activity. The watch is just over a year old and I got the product to track my activities it's become extremely frustrating. I've read multiple articles and post on the site and have hard reset but still having the same issue. 

How do I fix this issue?

• I have now sent my Instinct back to Garmin, we shall see what occurs, I have spoken to them again, they suggested there is no firmware issue, as to why there are so many people with the same issue they were unable to explain.

• Having the same issue and was told I would have to pay $140 for a replacement. Unacceptable that I have to pay for a watch that’s less than 2 years old with the number of complaints regarding the same issue. Last Garmin I will ever purchase!

• My sincere apologies for the issue you had warranty replacing your Instinct Solar watch. I have sent you a direct PM. When you are signed-in to our forums, check the top right corner to the right of the Notifications lightning bold icon for your PM folder.

• Mine started doing that too since a week or two...

• I'm have same problem with garmin instinct solar, and i fix that by disable vibrating 
    1. Menu
    2.Setting
    3. System
    4.Sound
    5. Vibration 

Seting Vibration to off, and try to start some activity. 

• I did eventually get a replacement watch but in the interim had purchased the newer Instinct CrossOver, hopefully this will not have the issues the Instinct Solar did, turning off vibration doesn't stop the issue with the Instinct Solar, doing a full factory reset & update only changed it from switching off every few hours to shutting down about every 18 hours, hopefully the replacement watches they issue have an updated firmware which I am thinking is the issue. 

• It's a month that my solar instinct, pourchased in september 2020, keeps reebouting itself when the navigate function is on.

I Think that the problem is related to the navigate function because, if I don't follow a route the watch works good, apparently. 

Today I started an excursion activity, everything was good until I decided to start a trackback, in like 5 minutes the watch reseted itself.

When the instict reeboots itself, usually in like one minute everything (excursion activity recording and navigate function) is on and works fine but in one occasion the watch lost the gps signal for 40 minutes.

what's wrong with this watch ?

• Im having the same issue. Switches itself off randomly and you lose all your data. How have people got around this problem ? Were Garmin hepful ? From the response it doesnt look that way

• I had Garmin-Chris reached out to me and got it taken care of. Hopefully he's able to for you as well.

• May I know how Garmin-Chris can help you to fix it?

I have contacted my support in my region (Hong Kong), and they just ask me to pay money to repair it.

I have just using the watch for 1 year and 1 month, it is quite upset me, A HKD$3300 watch can just use for 1 year, I can't expect Garmin quality to be bad like this. I hope Garmin can fix this problem by updating their firmware or FREE repair their problem.