Instinct Solar not recording distance correctly (since 17.50)

Since about 25 July, my Instinct Solar has stopped recording distance correctly. It is recording steps and tracking on the map correctly so the GPS seems to be functioning. It seems to be the software that is incorrectly measuring distance. This results in weird things like a 5-mile walk being recorded as 11 miles and a 4-mile walk showing up as 9.4miles.

Just to confuse things, it records the first mile of any walk perfectly. 

I've tested this out by walking 1 mile, turning round and walking back. It measured the first mile with no issues but the return leg was variously measured as between 2.4 - 4.4 miles. Making a 2-mile walk show up as anywhere between 3.4 and 5.4 miles. On the map, it clearly shows the 1-mile point correctly then puts multiple mile markers on the return leg. 

I've tried going through the FAQs, I've done a hard reset and I've manually edited the distances on each activity but nothing has fixed this. 

Unless of course I can walk a 2-minute mile without sweating and have a 6-metre stride length and the device is right after all...

• The elevation issue is a bug identified in the v17.50 software. The current Beta software available resolves the issue.

• i confirm also for me factory default reset did not fix the issue.

since beta is fixing, when will new version be released? is not possible while waiting for that to roll back to 17?

thanks

• Hello,

Everything was fine until updating the device to 17.50.
    I now have the following issues despite factory rest (lost all of Odometer stats, thank you) :
    - Incorrect GPS records
    - Device turns off during activity
    - Battery drain (after charging to 100%, watches displays 12d of battery life, one hour later it shows 9d and keeps goign down during the day -> Error which might degrade the battery prematurely)

I do believe the software 17.50 is the root cause of all of these problems.

• I am having the same problem and not getting any help with this at all. Every since this past update, after 1 mile it jumps like crazy ahead in the walk activity. This morning it says I did a 7.5 mile walk in a half hour LOL when it should of been maybe 3 at most. This afternoon it said 9 miles for the same amount of time. It's super annoying. It's throwing all my stats off like crazy. My runs seem to be recording correctly but not when I have the GPS on for the walk. The map is correct and the heart rate for the most part seems accurate but the mileage is WAY WAY off. I hope this gets fixed. My watch is still under warranty and wonder if I should return it but it sounds like more and more people are having the same issue. Garmin we need this fixed. 

• While my problem is not exactly the same it's related to distance tracking which is basically not working and as new user I'm having issues with identifying what's wrong with it. Looks like I have almost whole telemetry but the distance. GPS seems to be fine as per screenshot. And from reading this and other threads I'm wondering if it is not firmware.